Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #16
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
If you can supply a commented PDF I'll take a look (I can set break points in Poppler and trace what it is doing, or not doing...)

I've been looking at PDF annotations and thinking about how the annotations could be directly inserted on the iLiad instead of or in addition to the scribble XML file.

I also got a bad Google ebook from lhl that I've been able to start poking Poppler with. Seems the official Google patch doesn't fix everything wrong...

If anyone has PDF's that crash Poppler I'd suggest we create a "This PDF crashes ipdf" thread and post 'em there so we can start examining/fixing.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:10 PM   #17
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Here you go:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf commenting_and_ highlighting_and_textedits.pdf (22.6 KB, 342 views)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #18
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
Here you go:
The higlighting is faintly visible.
You can see there is a remark.
Overstrike is there. The upside-down (blue) V-marks.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #19
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg
The higlighting is faintly visible.
You can see there is a remark.
Overstrike is there. The upside-down (blue) V-marks.
Hehe, i know henkvdg. I just posted that file for scotty. He wanted to have one to play around with.

to see highlightings, the highlighting color would need to be changed.
Interesting would be do do highlightings with the pen.

you can see, but not open and read comments.
it would be nice to be able to add comments.

the v-marks represent insertions into the text. Thy should also be visible in a comment area. You can not display them on the iLiad either.
again. adding those would be even nicer
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
Scifier
[=>>=]
Scifier began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 620BT (was), Irex Iliad (was), Kindle Keyboard, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
well, i would like to add comments aswell. And not only scribbles.
Could you post here a PDF file with scribbles made on Iliad please. Is it possible to edit these scribbles on PC using Adobe Acrobat?
Scifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #21
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
the scribbles are saved in their own file. The pdf is not modified.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:53 AM   #22
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifier
Could you post here a PDF file with scribbles made on Iliad please. Is it possible to edit these scribbles on PC using Adobe Acrobat?
If your interested there is a script here that can merge scribbles with pdf files. If you examine the php script you will know the format of the scribbles and how they relate to the target pdf. What are you trying to do, btw...?
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:18 AM   #23
Scifier
[=>>=]
Scifier began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 620BT (was), Irex Iliad (was), Kindle Keyboard, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
If your interested there is a script here that can merge scribbles with pdf files. If you examine the php script you will know the format of the scribbles and how they relate to the target pdf. What are you trying to do, btw...?
What I'm trying to do is to decide - is it already a time for me to buy Iliad or I should wait for a litte longer

I get used to read a lot in a form of PDF documents while highlighting the main, importance parts of the document.
From what I read Iliad neither support highlighting nor allows seeing the standard (yellow, lime) highlights on its 16 gray scales screen.
I am just pondering what I going to do when I get my Iliad. E-ink is cool for eyes and perhaps it might be reasonable to do all reading on e-reader instead of PC, however I still might be needed to do some reading/editing on PC sometimes (therefore I have to have a PC copy on hdd and a copy in Iliad and find some way to keep it synchronized).

The question is - what is the best way to keep PDF document (and my comments/highlights/scribbles) both readable and editable on e-reader as well on PC.

php script ? uhm... Does that mean I have to set up PHP on my machine?
Scifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #24
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
The question is - what is the best way to keep PDF document (and my comments/highlights/scribbles) both readable and editable on e-reader as well on PC.
At the moment I annotate pdfs on the Iliad and copy them pack across, run my script and have an annotated pdf. The scribbles are bookmarked so I can get to them easily. Since they become part of the pdf I can then continue where I left off... I've got another tool that allows me to see bookmarks on the Iliad. See the webpage I linked to earlier for details.

Ideally I would keep the scribbles seperate from the pdf, but annotated pdfs are mean't be finals...

Quote:
php script ? uhm... Does that mean I have to set up PHP on my machine?
Some-one else produced a java version and Irex have mentioned they will have one real soon now...

Last edited by jęd; 01-28-2007 at 03:26 PM.
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote