Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Posts since last visit

Another forum I'm frequenting (using the same software as MR, I think) offers "Posts since last visit" as a selection. If this is possible, I think it would be handy here as well.

Thanks!
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
You already can.
Go to "New Posts" on the blue bar towards the top of this page.
Click on "All New Posts."
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #3
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
You already can.
Go to "New Posts" on the blue bar towards the top of this page.
Click on "All New Posts."
Not quite what I meant. On this other forum if I visit at 1700 then return at 2000 and click "Posts since last visit" it shows me only posts with entry dates greater than the time/date of my last visit, IOW posts made after 1700.

"All New Posts" shows me 20 pages of posts
Old 12-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Not quite what I meant. On this other forum if I visit at 1700 then return at 2000 and click "Posts since last visit" it shows me only posts with entry dates greater than the time/date of my last visit, IOW posts made after 1700.

If you mark all posts as read... then the next time you come back... new posts will only be since the last time you visited.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post

"All New Posts" here has a dividing line that shows the posts made since your last visit.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
"All New Posts" here has a dividing line that shows the posts made since your last visit.
Yes, I was just going to post that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #7
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, I was just going to post that.

BOb
Thanks.