Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Khendron
Khendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo
Kobo H20 2 not recognized by new MacBook Pro

Does anybody else have troubles connecting your Kobo via a USB-C port?

I have a Kobo H20 2, which in general has not given me many problems. However, I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro, which does not have any USB-A ports. Instead it comes with only USB-C ports.

I purchased from Apple a USB-A to USB-C adapter so I could use the cable that came with the Kobo, but my new computer refuses to mount my Kobo as a device. When I plug the Kobo, it recognizes that it is connected to a computer (it asks if I want to connect to the computer to manage files), but the Kobo is never mounted. I've tried various USB-A cables, but nothing works.

My old MacBook computer, which has USB-A ports, still recognizes my Kobo and will mount it as expected.

Thanks!

Dave I
Khendron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What happens when you press connect after plugging in the H2O2?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
Khendron
Khendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blueKhendron can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What happens when you press connect after plugging in the H2O2?
The Kobo says it is connected, but nothing shows up on the computer.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
Mr Meanor
He's a role-model.
Mr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enough

Device: PPC1, KA One, Cybook G3, Kindle PW, PRS-950, PRS-505, Tab 2, Mac5K
I have a new 2017 MacBook Pro, had the same issue. in the end I bought a USB to USBc cable
as the Apple adaptors I had gave endless 'no connection' issues with my Kobo and another device I use.
Mr Meanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
Khendron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Meanor View Post
I have a new 2017 MacBook Pro, had the same issue. in the end I bought a USB to USBc cable
as the Apple adaptors I had gave endless 'no connection' issues with my Kobo and another device I use.
Which brand USB to USBc cable did you buy?
Advert
Old 10-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #6
Mr Meanor
He's a role-model.
Mr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enoughMr Meanor will become famous soon enough

I bought both these cable packs and both have worked anytime i've connected my kobo, phone or my BM hyperdeck studio mini. Threw my old (new) adaptors in the draw and haven't used them since.

https://www.amazon.com/iSeeker-Charg...b+to+micro+usb

https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Met...acbook-Devices

Last edited by Mr Meanor; 10-13-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: proper link
Old 10-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I bought both these cable packs and both have worked anytime i've connected my kobo, phone or my BM hyperdeck studio mini. Threw my old (new) adaptors in the draw and haven't used them since.

https://www.amazon.com/Snowkids-Brai...=usb+3+to+usbc

https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Met...acbook-Devices
How are either of those cables going to work? One is for iOS devices and the other has no microUSB connector.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:35 PM   #8
Mr Meanor
He's a role-model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How are either of those cables going to work? One is for iOS devices and the other has no microUSB connector.
Thank JS, thats what I get for reading what cables I purchased from my CC statement instead of just looking in my laptop case!
The first link is now right (Iseeker) as I'm looking at it connecting my Kobo to my Mac, the second cable pack I'll update when I get back but as far as I remember they're the same manufacturer as the second link and are braided red micro usb-usb as well

Anyway thanks for spotting that.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:46 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thank JS, thats what I get for reading what cables I purchased from my CC statement instead of just looking in my laptop case!
The first link is now right (Iseeker) as I'm looking at it connecting my Kobo to my Mac, the second cable pack I'll update when I get back but as far as I remember they're the same manufacturer as the second link and are braided red micro usb-usb as well

Anyway thanks for spotting that.
They do look like good cables.