Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #22111
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I know but Stitchs answer made me think he didn't.
I didn't 'what?'

I went back two pages and couldn't figure this out.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #22112
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I didn't 'what?'

I went back two pages and couldn't figure this out.

Stitchawl
I think it was this post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Or the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy. That's only three books. Right? I mean "trilogy" means three, doesn't it?
... unless it's Clavell's 'Asian Trilogy,' which is four books.
Stitchawl
since The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe is actually a
Quote:
Originally Posted by WikiPedia
"trilogy" of five books published between 1979 and 1992, a sixth novel penned by Eoin Colfer in 2009,
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #22113
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Having a hard time looking for a thesis topic
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #22114
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Tomorrow I'll make a spreadsheet which lists all the series I want to read listing not only the genre but also the number of books in the series, hopefully that make choosing easier.
I use fictfact.com to keep track of all the series I follow. I add a series and fictfact supplies all titles in the series so I just tick which I've already read. New publications are automatically added to my saved series so I don't miss any - and I can get email reminders for new publications if I want them.

It's a personal wishlist/buy next but without being pushed to buy 'similar' books the way the online ebook retailers do.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #22115
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Having a hard time looking for a thesis topic
Death.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #22116
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think it was this post
Quote:
Quote:
Or the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy. That's only three books. Right? I mean "trilogy" means three, doesn't it?
... unless it's Clavell's 'Asian Trilogy,' which is four books.
Stitchawl

since The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe is actually a[/QUOTE]

But... but... but... that still doesn't fit as an answer to;

Quote:
" I know but Stitchs answer made me think he didn't. "
What's the 'didn't' part? That suggests there could be a 'did.' What's the 'did' about the Asian Trilogy or the HGTTU trilogy?

I'm confused...

Stitchawl
Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #22117
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
since The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe is actually a
But... but... but... that still doesn't fit as an answer to;

What's the 'didn't' part? That suggests there could be a 'did.' What's the 'did' about the Asian Trilogy or the HGTTU trilogy?

I'm confused...

Stitchawl[/QUOTE]

Oh stitch! Lol�� its because your sentence reads like you didn't know that hitchhikers was six books, has nothing to do with the Asian trilogy��
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #22118
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Oh stitch! Lol�� its because your sentence reads like you didn't know that hitchhikers was six books, has nothing to do with the Asian trilogy��
I think this calls for an "Ah ha!" moment....

Ah ha!!! NOW I get it. I'm often amazed at how dense I can be...

(Thank you, dear. )

Stitchawl
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #22119
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Anytime��
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #22120
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Depends on how it sells, I've seen "trilogies" stop at one.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #22121
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Many trilogies should have stopped at one.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #22122
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Thomas Covenant maybe?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #22123
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Thomas Covenant maybe?
Blasphemy!!!!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #22124
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Damn!!! I waited so long for the third book in the demon trilogy by Peter V Brett. It seems the series is no more a trilogy but minimum 5 books. Plus, the latest ebook "The daylight war" is £11.99 which is more than hardcover at £11.77.
Well, atleast I won't spend anything on this series.

Rant end!
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #22125
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Quote:
Thomas Covenant maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Blasphemy!!!!
You may all be right !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness