Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #31
kenr276
Enthusiast
kenr276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I don't mind losing my list because I only had 9 books on it, would deleting Reading List.json and restarting calibre work? BTW where do I find that file?
kenr276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #32
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Preferences, misc, open calibre configuration directory. Then go to the plugins folder.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #33
kenr276
Enthusiast
kenr276 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Preferences, misc, open calibre configuration directory. Then go to the plugins folder.
It worked. You are the greatest!
kenr276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #34
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr276 View Post
It worked. You are the greatest!
Not really - if I was the bug wouldn't have been there in the first place causing you the grief

I found the cause of the problem. I would guess that neither you nor becky had upgraded from a much older version of this plugin than I had anticipated. So an error was being thrown while it started up trying to upgrade your config files, and that left them in the bad state.

I will publish a new version of the plugin shortly which will fix this for anyone whose config files have been left in that state, as well as handling people upgrading from the more recent versions, including those who successfully updated with the 1.1 release.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #35
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Support the config migration for users who jumped from earlier versions

This will hopefully fix things for users who had issues upgrading to 1.1. It would only have affected those of you who updated from a much older version of this plugin.
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #36
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Changes in this release:
  • Support the config migration for users who jumped from earlier versions
This will hopefully fix things for users who had issues upgrading to 1.1. It would only have affected those of you who updated from a much older version of this plugin.
I was having the same error as others have reported. After updating to the current version the error is gone and the plugin works!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #37
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Excellent, thx for confirming you are now sorted Gunner.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #38
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Beta for next release

As mentioned on the Book Sync thread, I have now integrated all of the Book Sync functionality into this Reading List plugin. So it is now possible for any of your reading list(s) to be optionally associated with a device to sync to. This in effect completely replaces the Book Sync plugin which should be uninstalled.

The other change I made is a count of the number of items in a list on the View menus, which was also requested.

I would appreciate a few users giving this a test for me before I officially release it.

To use this plugin, I suggest the following:
  1. Empty any sync lists on your Book Sync plugin and uninstall it
  2. Install this attached version of the Reading List plugin.
  3. As per the instructions for setting up Book Sync, you will need to connect to your device(s) one at a time and enter the Configure plugin dialog. Click on Add connected device to define your list of devices. If it has multiple storage cards, I suggest renaming each while the device is connected using the plugin, making any inactive you intend not to use.
  4. For each list you potentially want to sync to a device, select the device name in the dropdown. Enable the additional checkboxes based on whether you want the list to be synced as soon as the device is connected, and whether you want the list cleared after it has been synced.

If you don't want to sync a list to a device/folder, then the behaviour is unchanged from that you have currently.

Appreciate any feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3_Configuration1.png
Views:	909
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	72466  

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-07-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: New version below
Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #39
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Okay, it's installed as per your instructions. I went into the configuration, and my settings were still there except it had "tags" selected as the column for tags instead of my "#lists" column. So I tried changing it but it won't remember my column selection. It keeps going back to "tags" every time I open it. I tried doing it one at a time but that didn't work either.

Edited to add: I can confirm that this happens with newly created lists as well, not just the ones I already had. Created "Kindle" list, assigned "Kindle New" to "#lists" column, assigned device. Clicked okay, reopened configuration and the column had changed back to "tags".

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 06-07-2011 at 06:24 PM.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #40
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Okay, it's installed as per your instructions. I went into the configuration, and my settings were still there except it had "tags" selected as the column for tags instead of my "#lists" column. So I tried changing it but it won't remember my column selection. It keeps going back to "tags" every time I open it. I tried doing it one at a time but that didn't work either.
I can confirm the same behavior.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #41
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Ahhh, thanks for that, thought I might have missed something (hence the beta). New version attached.

Last edited by kiwidude; 06-07-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Later version in thread
Old 06-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #42
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ahhh, thanks for that, thought I might have missed something (hence the beta). New version attached.
Yay! Issue fixed. I have some edits to do before a full run, but I will report back shortly.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #43
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
It is still not remembering the changes.

EDIT:

It saves the settings if you do one list at at time and save out of the config screen.

Last edited by nynaevelan; 06-07-2011 at 07:12 PM.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #44
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
It is still not remembering the changes.
Strange. It's working for me. I just double-checked and they are still as I put them.

Edit - nevermind, just saw your edit
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #45
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Okay, it's almost working as expected. I set it up as I described previously, with a "Kindle New" list assigned to sync to the Kindle. If I check the box to sync on connect, it works perfectly. However, if I do not check that box and try to sync using the "Sync Now" option on the menu, nothing happens.

Also, the list is flushed as expected and the associated tags are removed. So it seems that I've got everything working except "Sync Now".