Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
ImpliedConsent
ImpliedConsent began at the beginning.

Device: [Classic] nook 3G
Question Calibre and Nook Questions

I've used Calibre previously with my Nook (1.5), but had to rebuild my PC (W7Pro 64). Now I've installed the new Calibre version (0.7.54). I can see all my books on my "Card A"; however, I cannot see any books in "Library" or "Device".

My "G" drive is the nook and my "J" drive is the 4GB SD card. Windows 7 sees the drives. Any suggestions?
ImpliedConsent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
If you are on a new PC and have just installed Calibre, Calibre has not built its database yet, so you won't see any books in its Library, either for the PC or the device, I should think.

So, it seems you need to re-add the books to it. If I were you, I'd copy all your books from the Nook to the PC using Windows explorer into some temporary directory. Then add the books to Calibre. At that point, it may notice that the PC and Nook are in synch, but maybe not. You might have to then delete the books from the Nook (with Windows Explorer) and then send them to the Nook using Calibre to get it to know about them on the device.

I haven't tried any of this, but this is the way it seems to be broken to me, just thinking about it and how Calibre works.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, device, nook classic, windows 7