Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
arkietech
Connoisseur
arkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toys

Device: pc
Table authors already exists

I finally got a download that installled. When I start ebook management I get a message wanting a location for the library. I set up a new folder and pointed to it. I then get a error that says ..."table authors already exists"...

can anyoone help?

dan
arkietech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use a location like C:\library (calibre occasionally has trouble with long paths for the library, especially if some of the path contains non english characters)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
arkietech
Connoisseur
arkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toysarkietech shares his or her toys

This is the message I get:
ERROR: Bad database location: Bad database location:C:\ebooklib

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 465, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 418, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 405, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 459, in initialize_database
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 180, in run
DatabaseException: table authors already exists
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 144, in run
OperationalError: table authors already exists
Old 01-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you have two calibre instances running by any chance?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
arkietech
Connoisseur

I just did a power on reset to be sure -- no change:

I finally got it running! I executed it by right clicking the icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" (Windows 7 64 bit). I had to set up a new folder "c:\library"

do you know how to set an icon to "run as administrator"?
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
arkietech
Connoisseur

under properties \ compatibility there is a check box to "run as administrator"

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
BurntSynapse
BurntSynapse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle for PC
Similar Error

Have uninstalled and reinstalled, run as user and admin, but still getting the same error.

When attempting to install to a new folder, I'm warned: "Corrupted database. Your calibre database appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and repair it automatically? If you say No, a new empty calibre library will be created." Details read: "Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 205, in initialize_db
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 137, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 114, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 323, in initialize_database
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 193, in run
DatabaseException: table authors already exists
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 157, in run
OperationalError: table authors already exists"

When I select "No" and select "C:\ebooks" as the location, I get: "ERROR: Bad database location
Bad database location u'C:/ebooks'. calibre will now quit." The details read: "Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 191, in initialize_db_stage2
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 137, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 111, in connect
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: u'C:/ebooks\\metadata.db'"
BurntSynapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I suggest turning off your antivirus temporarily, and then trying to create a new database. Turn it on again after.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
BurntSynapse
BurntSynapse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle for PC
Thanks Kovid,

I got it working after a few tweaks, including shutting down the AV software. So far, calibre is doing great. Just sent you $5.

It looks like it was written in Access. Can I rearrange MOBI to the top of the "send specific format to device" list?
BurntSynapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, but if you just click send to device instead of send specific format and MOBI is present it will be sent preferentially.