Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre and the NEW PRS-300

I recieved my new reader today and it seems calibre will not sync to it, the sony library software has no problem, but calibre does not recognize the device at all. Anyone have any luck syncing with calibre?
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The next release of calibre should support the PRS-300
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Guy, Appreciate it. I hate having to use the Sony Library SW
Old 09-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Speaking of the next release, when is that going to be released? I'm waiting to be able to convert an eReader eBook that I cannot till the next version. Thanks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Interesting. My 300 shows up as a 505 under calibre. It synchs just fine, though.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
This is under ubuntu linux, though.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:33 AM   #7
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
You guys that got the 300 -- do you mind commenting on how much faster page refreshes are using ePub files compared to the 505?
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:41 AM   #8
Scarpad
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
You guys that got the 300 -- do you mind commenting on how much faster page refreshes are using ePub files compared to the 505?
Honestly about the same to me, if its faster it isn't worth mentioning.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
Darlene Marshall
Darlene Marshall began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300 Pocket Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Is there a release date for version of Calibre that will support the PRS-300? I've been using the Sony software, but everyone I know raves about Calibre.
Darlene Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene Marshall View Post
Is there a release date for version of Calibre that will support the PRS-300?
The version released around 09-02-2009 supports it, so three or four releases ago. Releases usually happen about once a week.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
GizmoPlanet
GizmoPlanet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I downloaded Calibre last week and it syncs just fine with my PRS-300. That might be because I downloaded the latest version of the software.
GizmoPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
Darlene Marshall
Darlene Marshall began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300 Pocket Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoPlanet View Post
I downloaded Calibre last week and it syncs just fine with my PRS-300. That might be because I downloaded the latest version of the software.
Thanks, I'll look for it.

Darlene
Darlene Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote