Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
js4c
js4c began at the beginning.

Device: Nook & Novel
JPG cover files not removed from Novel

I noticed that when I am removing books from my Pandigital Novel, such as old news downloads, calibre is not deleting the associated jpg cover files, just the epub file. Shouldn't these be removed as well?
js4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
doesn't the device remove them automatically?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
This is a nice looking device. I take it that calibre sent over the epub and the jpg when you send to device, but when you connect and use calibre to remove the books the jpg files are left behind.

I would guess this is because your device is unique and calibre doesn't look for jpgs to remove because it doesn't track the covers separately. The covers for most other devices are included in the book.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-03-2010 at 03:37 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
js4c

The covers definitely do not get automatically removed from the device. I just happened to look at the folders directly and noticed I dozens of orphaned covers.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
OK I'll modify the driver to remove the files on delete.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
js4c

Fantastic!