Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
LeserattePD
Enthusiast
LeserattePD doesn't litterLeserattePD doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Kindle 3
London, UK; Sat 6th Sept 3 pm

Anyone interested? Anyone got a good suggestion as to where? Central would probably be best...

My suggestion would be the Costa Coffee shop on the lower ground floor of the Waterstones at 82 Gower Street next to UCL? That would be pretty close to Euston and King's Cross but shouldn't be too busy on a Saturday.

Current list of human and electronic participants

LazyScot (+partner?): Kindle, Iliad, PRS-500

LeserattePD (+partner?): Ebookwise1150

richyhu: PRS-505

Snowman: Cybook Gen3

Mambo: Iliad, PRS-505, iPod Touch, Tablet PC, 9" eee tablet PC

Readalot: Ebookwise1150

mrdini ???: Hanlin V2

petermillard ???: Cybook Gen3, iPhone

Linda ???: PRS-505

Last edited by LeserattePD; 09-01-2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Adding list
LeserattePD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
great idea ! i know we have a few members in that area. should be a fun time. and with all the media attention ebooks have been getting lately perhaps you'll make some new converts.

(i've taken the liberty of editing your title to remove the "bold" tags which were showing as text.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
I might be able to make it then -- work is looking touch and go about then. Certainly I'd like to try and make it to a meet-up in London at some point.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
LeserattePD
Enthusiast

Well it doesn't seem like anyone is interested other than LazyScot...
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

give it a bit more time ; i believe some other people might be interested as well. after all, it's still about 3 weeks away.

also, please do contact a moderator (me for example) a week or two before the date ; alex will make an announcement on the front page of the site, to be sure everyone will see it.
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It may also be that enough people are away on holiday at the moment, so I'd recommend giving it a week or so, before deciding

I'd suggest that anyone who would like to make a London meeting, but can't drops LeserattePD a message. That would help know if rescheduling would be a good thing.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
angelaruk
angelaruk began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
London meet-up

Lack of replies could also be because people like me are not totally confident that we will be the proud owners of an e-book reader by then! Sony say they will be available from 4th Spetember, I've pre-ordered mine from Waterstones and will pick it up from the Trafalgar Square branch when it is there, but I don't know if that will be before the 6th. You never know, if I have it by then I may come along armed with a load of stupid questions.
angelaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

if you don't have it by then, you can go empty-handed and take a look at everyone else's, and still ask a load of questions.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I Would like to come, but as I'm just starting a new term, its going to be doubtful that i"ll be able to pop down to London from Nottingham.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:06 AM   #10
LeserattePD
Enthusiast

Well, I'm flexible on the date... we could meet another day if that would be more convenient for people. Date and location was just my suggestion...

However, I'm not yet sure about my plans middle/end of Sept (probably have to move depending on getting a job and/or might be on holiday depending on how my Viva goes).
Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #11
LazyScot
DSil

Have you thought any more about whether to go ahead on the 6th or not?

It is looking difficult for me to make that date (though not yet impossible!), but would not be able to make a weekend after than until probably the end of October!

I think we have four people who said they'd like to turn up, if we can find a suitable date... Are there others in or around London (or passing through at some point) would would like to meet up...
Old 08-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
LeserattePD
Enthusiast

Well, as I said I'm flexible, but I'd like some firmer commitments from people (it'll take me 1 h to get to central London from where I live), so I wouldn't want to go there, wait around for an hour or two and then go home without anyone else having turned up...

One of the reasons I suggested the Waterstones was that hopefully we'll all get a look at the Sony reader - if I have firm commitments from one or two people I'll try and phone the store to see if they can arrange a demonstration...
Old 08-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeserattePD View Post
One of the reasons I suggested the Waterstones was that hopefully we'll all get a look at the Sony reader - if I have firm commitments from one or two people I'll try and phone the store to see if they can arrange a demonstration...
that is a very good idea. please let us know how they respond.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
LazyScot
DSil

Okay, I'll assume we'll go ahead at 3pm on the 6th.

I'll bring my Kindle and aged (but beloved) Iliad and the PRS-500 (i'll be interested to see how it compares with the 505.

I was impressed with the Cybook I saw at Edinburgh -- as Zelda's Stick on MR Meetups suggests I think it is worth having a list of what may be on view (It's worth reading the main points on that).

I'll also bring the MR logo (only A4 -- don't have larger printer) to help identify ourselves (I think it survived Edinburgh!).
Old 08-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #15
richyhu
Enthusiast
richyhu is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue), PRS-700, PRS-T1 (Black)
I can probably make this meet - that Waterstones branch is only about 20 mins from where I live. I can bring my PRS-505 that I imported from the US. I will confirm 100% by the end of this week.

Last edited by richyhu; 08-28-2008 at 06:10 PM.
richyhu is offline   Reply With Quote