Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-04-2022, 05:27 PM   #61
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Lol! I've gotten further than you.
I've got my Windows version working.
Ok, it's really raw, but I can pull my boot with it.
Code:
Found EDL 9008
Sending sdm636.bin ..............................................................................................................................................................
Success
Receiving part8 .............................................................................................................................................
Success
Edit: It's polishing up pretty nicely now. Just give it the loader and a start-sector and sector-count.

Last edited by Renate; 03-04-2022 at 08:04 PM.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:17 AM   #62
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Lol! I've gotten further than you.
I've got my Windows version working.
Ok, it's really raw, but I can pull my boot with it.
Code:
Found EDL 9008
Sending sdm636.bin ..............................................................................................................................................................
Success
Receiving part8 .............................................................................................................................................
Success
Edit: It's polishing up pretty nicely now. Just give it the loader and a start-sector and sector-count.
That definitely looks better than mine. I'm not sure what you mean with
Quote:
Just give it the loader and a start-sector and sector-count.
After my command
Quote:
david@iMac edl % python3 edl --loader=/Users/USER/Dropbox/Apps/BOOX/Jailbreak/edl/0014d0e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin
it's just stays there.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2022, 08:31 AM   #63
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You haven't got a Windows box kicking around, do you?

Code:
edl /lsdm636.bin part8 262144
You don't even have to give it the count (if it's an Android image).
Old 03-05-2022, 12:18 PM   #64
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You haven't got a Windows box kicking around, do you?

Code:
edl /lsdm636.bin part8 262144
You don't even have to give it the count (if it's an Android image).
I've tried it with a Windows machine. Problem after problem...this missing, that missing. I install all that another issue

PCI serial port still has an exclamation mark, despite installing the ness. drivers.

I give up...this is no way I getting this to run...
Old 03-05-2022, 12:25 PM   #65
Renate
Wizard

No, I'm not suggesting that you try the Python stuff on Windows. That's even more broken because it has another new dependencies on termios which isn't even available on Windows.

You wanna try my code on your Windows box?
Advert
Old 03-05-2022, 12:32 PM   #66
readandread
Zealot

Quote:

You wanna try my code on your Windows box?
What do you exactly mean with your code on my Win machine? You mean your edl folder from github? Sorry, if I ask, but I'm not a dev, unfortunately.

Last edited by readandread; 03-05-2022 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2022, 12:53 PM   #67
Renate
Wizard

No, I mean the EDL utility that I just wrote.
The stuff that I was quoting was what it prints out.
It has nothing to do with that Python (except that you'll use the same .bin files).
Old 03-05-2022, 01:01 PM   #68
readandread
Zealot

Sure, I'll try it out if you can tell my the command I have to use. The the only bin file I have is the loader (0014d0e100000000_d40eee56f3194665_FHPRG.bin).
Old 03-05-2022, 01:36 PM   #69
readandread
Zealot

Ok, thanks for the program. Here are my results. I changed the long bin filename to launcher.bin. I get the same result no matter what I do. Device is in edl mode (adb reboot edl).

Quote:
C:\Users\David\edl>edl.exe /launcher.bin
Found EDL 9008
Could not open device

C:\Users\David\edl>edl.exe /u text 0 10
Found EDL 9008
Could not open device

C:\Users\David\edl>edl.exe text 0 10
Found EDL 9008
Could not open device

C:\Users\David\edl>edl.exe /v text 0 10
Found EDL 9008
Could not open device
Old 03-05-2022, 01:57 PM   #70
Renate
Wizard

Ok, first thing to check, do "devmgmt.msc" (Device Manager),"Universal Serial Bus Devices", probably called "QUSB_BULK". Do you see that?
Right click, "Properties" > "Driver". Does it all look good?

If there is no driver, check out "Zadig" a universal driver for such things. You just select, "Install driver" and it works.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:10 PM   #71
readandread
Zealot

Quote:
Ok, first thing to check, do "devmgmt.msc" (Device Manager),"Universal Serial Bus Devices", probably called "QUSB_BULK". Do you see that?
Right click, "Properties" > "Driver". Does it all look good?

If there is no driver, check out "Zadig" a universal driver for such things. You just select, "Install driver" and it works.
The only thing I mentioned earlier was the PCI Serial Port having an exclamation mark. I also tried Zadig earlier as well after some error promoted I install it (before you provided your app). But take a look for yourself.

https://imgur.com/a/ELnqwKD

Last edited by readandread; 03-05-2022 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:16 PM   #72
Renate
Wizard

You want nothing to do with serial port. If there is some crappy Qcom stuff there uninstall it.

Edit: You're showing "ADB interface" at the bottom there. Is that a separate device?
The PCI serial port there is some other piece of hardware on your PC that's malfunctioning.

I'm not sure how edl.exe found your device but couldn't open it, unless there are multiple interfaces. You ever use UsbView?
https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Uti...crosoftUSBView
Then go find your Note Air 2 and look down the column "bNumInterfaces".
It should be one.
Are you logged on a regular account? It shouldn't have to be Admin, but it can't be some underpowered user.

Under UsbView it should look almost identical, 1 interface, 2 endpoints, 2 open pipes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qusb.png
Views:	116
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	192584  

Last edited by Renate; 03-05-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:43 PM   #73
readandread
Zealot

Ok, I've uninstall the QC drivers from earlier.

Tried it again:
Quote:
Access is denied.

Found EDL 9008
ce 42 bf 1f
00 00 00 00 e1 d0 14 00
d4 0e ee 56 f3 19 46 65 57 41 09 a3 92 67 72 4a e7 94 41 34 cd 53 cb 76 7e 29 3d 3c 40 49 79 55
Could not open auncher.bin

C:\Users\David\edl>edl.exe /u text 0 10
Found EDL 9008
Could not write device

C:\Users\David\edl>edl.exe text 0 10
Found EDL 9008
Could not write device

C:\Users\David\edl>edl.exe /v text 0 10
Found EDL 9008
Could not write device
Quote:
You want nothing to do with serial port. If there is some crappy Qcom stuff there uninstall it.

Edit: You're showing "ADB interface" at the bottom there. Is that a separate device?
The PCI serial port there is some other piece of hardware on your PC that's malfunctioning.
That's what is shows when I plug the Note in.

Last edited by readandread; 03-05-2022 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:49 PM   #74
Renate
Wizard

You're almost there!

slash-el is the option, launcher.bin is the file.
slash-el-el-a-u-n-c-h-e-r

The order of stuff for this (and all other EDL utilities) is always

1 fresh start
2 put in the loader (once per fresh start).
3 do things (like dump, etc)
4 go to #3

Last edited by Renate; 03-05-2022 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2022, 02:54 PM   #75
readandread
Zealot

I've installed the USB view:

Quote:
Device Descriptor:
bcdUSB: 0x0210
bDeviceClass: 0x00
bDeviceSubClass: 0x00
bDeviceProtocol: 0x00
bMaxPacketSize0: 0x40 (64)
idVendor: 0x18D1
idProduct: 0x4EE2
bcdDevice: 0x0419
iManufacturer: 0x01
0x0409: "QUALCOMM"
iProduct: 0x02
0x0409: "BENGAL-IDP _SN:1FBF42CE"
iSerialNumber: 0x03
0x0409: "E0922B4F"
bNumConfigurations: 0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
Current Config Value: 0x01
Device Bus Speed: High
Device Address: 0x02
Open Pipes: 5

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x81 IN
Transfer Type: Bulk
wMaxPacketSize: 0x0200 (512)
bInterval: 0x00

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x01 OUT

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x82 IN
Transfer Type: Interrupt
wMaxPacketSize: 0x001C (28)
bInterval: 0x06

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x02 OUT

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x83 IN

Configuration Descriptor:
wTotalLength: 0x003E
bNumInterfaces: 0x02
bConfigurationValue: 0x01
iConfiguration: 0x04
0x0409: "mtp_adb"
bmAttributes: 0x80 (Bus Powered )
MaxPower: 0xFA (500 Ma)

Interface Descriptor:
bInterfaceNumber: 0x00
bAlternateSetting: 0x00
bNumEndpoints: 0x03
bInterfaceClass: 0xFF
bInterfaceSubClass: 0xFF
bInterfaceProtocol: 0x00
iInterface: 0x05
0x0409: "MTP"

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x81 IN

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x01 OUT

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x82 IN
Transfer Type: Interrupt
wMaxPacketSize: 0x001C (28)
bInterval: 0x06

Interface Descriptor:
bInterfaceNumber: 0x01
bAlternateSetting: 0x00
bNumEndpoints: 0x02
bInterfaceClass: 0xFF
bInterfaceSubClass: 0x42
bInterfaceProtocol: 0x01
iInterface: 0x06
0x0409: "ADB Interface"

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x02 OUT

Endpoint Descriptor:
bEndpointAddress: 0x83 IN
and my account should have admin rights.