Notices

Old 05-16-2022, 11:28 AM   #1
1eduard
Connoisseur
1eduard began at the beginning.

Device: none
Update Sigil?

Hi,

I installed Sigil from my computer (using Linux Mint 20.3), but it's an outdated version!

How do I update it to the latest version?
1eduard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:00 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
There are various contributed repos that might be up to date but building it yourself is probably the best approach. There are build instructions for Linux in the Sigil/docs folder in github.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:42 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You'll probably have to compile it yourself if you want the latest. Ubuntu 22.04 has the latest Sigil in their repositories, but Mint 20.3 is based on Ubuntu Focal (20.04) and Focal still has a fairly outdated version of Sigil in its repositories.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 01:20 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Someone also manages a flatpak image for Sigil on Flathub that's very recent. You could try that. It should theoretically work on even older systems. I've never used flatpak myself (and I'm not endorsing or supporting the Sigil image), but it's another option at least.

I believe that Flatpak support is built into Linux Mint starting with Mint 18.3.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-16-2022 at 01:23 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote