Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-02-2022, 04:48 AM   #5761
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
No purchases for me in April. I even resisted a deal on a wishlist book on the basis that it was book two in a series and I haven’t read book one yet.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:04 AM   #5762
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
No purchases for me in April. I even resisted a deal on a wishlist book on the basis that it was book two in a series and I haven’t read book one yet.

April was a vast improvement for me over my free fall in March; I spent $7 using up exploding credit on four books at Amazon, Kobo and Google. Unfortunately I’ve barely chipped away at my TBR in part because I’ve been reading library books, but I hope to settle in and make inroads as I’ve nothing pressing on my wishlist.

Hope springs eternal….
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #5763
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
April was another bad month, but at least 1/2 the ebooks were on my wishlist and over 2/3rds of the audiobooks were series fill in. I'm not sure how long it will take me to read all my ebooks but my hours spreadsheet says it will take me about 9 years to get through all of my audiobooks (includes free and books bought for others that I plan to listen to).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:33 PM   #5764
iBeth
Enthusiast
iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iBeth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebw1150, nook, kindle oasis, kobo libra2
Fighting to maintain

At least I am not getting worse! I have started tracking my spending in a spreadsheet, which is helping a lot.

I'm still "purchasing" way too many free e-books. There's no way I can ever read them all, but it's hard to resist when they are temporarily free and I think I might want to read them someday. I've gotten pickier about which titles I will add to my library. But my priority right now is to worry about spending. I can worry about # of titles later.

The struggle is real!
iBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 01:35 PM   #5765
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Well, knowing myself, these 'sparse' buying times will be followed (for me) with buying sprees when my favorite writes have been to prolific again
But at the moment i am very 'try not to buy' conscious because i wanne replace my espresso grinder, and that my friends can be an expensive hobby :P
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 07:17 PM   #5766
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I made a few purchases. I blame it on the sales. For example, one ebook was $17.99 however today it's $2.99.

I can't fight it, so I am going to enjoy it to the max. No guilt. No shame. Just insanely wonderful satisfaction.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:33 PM   #5767
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Martin Edwards' The Life of Crime, bought last week, was the most expensive ebook I've ever bought, at around $25US equivalent. Totally worth it, too.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 10:52 PM   #5768
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
The highest I've ever paid for an eBook was I think around 25 dollars, and that was a full-series omnibus. And also for Christmas.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:40 AM   #5769
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I've just splurged on half a dozen mystery novels after reading [i]The Life of Crime - The first 3 Anthony Bathurst mysteries by Brian Flynn, and 3 murder mystery farcesPoison for Teacher by Nancy Spain, and [The Wooden Overcoat and Murders Every Monday by Pamela Branch. Those last 2 sound particularly appealing, about a club for wrongfully acquitted murderers.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:52 AM   #5770
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The most I've ever spent on an ebook was $22.06, but that was with Fictionwise Micropay.

But back to resisting purchases: I did quite well in May. Only four books bought, and they were all wanted and on offer at £0.99.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:55 AM   #5771
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Only one purchase in May, for me, and I also read it this month, but it was oddly slow-going given that it was the sequel to a book I raced through, and as a result I only finished 3 books in May. I think that's my worst 31-day month in years. I'm tempted to sneak a novella in today just to get the numbers up.

Still, I feel I'm on top of my purchases - I'm turning down wishlist deals because they're too far ahead in the series - and I'm slowly clawing my way back towards my target of starting 75% of the books I buy this year, after my storybundle mishap early on.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:30 AM   #5772
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
For May the final total was four books purchased for around $13 still under budget for the year.

I did read one of them.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:19 PM   #5773
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Meebook P78 Pro, Kindles: PW5, Voyage, & Keyboard
Two books bought in May, one of which I am currently reading. It probably helped that not many of the books on my wishlist were on sale. I was able to resist buying a sale priced book in a current series because it was too far ahead. I have a rule that I don't buy anything over $2.99. The most I think I have probably spent was $5.99 and that was for a Miss Marple omnibus.
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:00 PM   #5774
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I did fairly well last month. Two books bought from Amazon (one a reference book ON SALE, and one a collection in a favourite series), and one Baen Bundle that had two books in it I really wanted, and two others that I might read. (And two that I'll never read. ) The bundles are $18 USD, so that's an average of $3.00/book, but really, no better than $4.50/book I might actually read. Overall, I'm reasonably pleased, though I might have been a bit more patient on that one favourite series and gotten it from the library by the end of the summer.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:10 PM   #5775
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
May was awful for me. Bought too many ebooks and audiobooks again. On top of that, didn't read/listen much. On the other hand, I will be forced soon to really restrict because the vet bills for 4 elderly cats takes precedence.

FWIW, I buy almost everything on deep discount. My most expensive ebook was $11.99 (diabetes book). Easily 95% of books I've bought in the last few years are $2.99 or less. Having a huge library actually saves $$ over time because I have something to read and can wait until book is discounted. On the other hand, I've paid for a lot of books that have yet to be read.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote