Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-18-2022, 06:56 PM   #31
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I was pretty skeptical because we were focusing on ASUS and sonic studio is a Realtek software/driver...and I hadn't been "frantically resizing the window" as mentioned in the bug report you linked...but I removed the driver and uninstalled the software, then restarted the computer.

... guess what ...

It works!!

I wasn't able to get it to crash, in any of the options above...and I even tried with a child window left open on the 2nd monitor.

What was really surprising is that I still had sound on my machine - I could listen to the "Once More With Feeling" soundtrack at full volume with no issues. And yes, only the truly enlightened among us know the masterwork to which I refer... (no googling!!)

I think we can call this one solved! Thank you all!!!

Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 07:07 PM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Don't you just love a happy ending?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:44 PM   #33
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Glad to hear it!

There were really a handful of bugs associated with problems with second monitors they all tracked back to Sonic Studio. I only cited a few but the symptoms reported all varied.

It seems based on a web search Sonic Studio causes crashes with a large number of 3D / Direct X11 and OpenGl games. It is considered non-essential software. It is reported to have keyboard and user tracking capabilities, and is considered at best "bloatware" that comes pre-installed on many systems and should probably be removed.

Last edited by KevinH; 04-18-2022 at 10:09 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:09 AM   #34
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Don't you just love a happy ending?
Ahh, another connoisseur!!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote