Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
LTR88
LTR88 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini
My Kindle Content folders show old books with today's date

I've never posted here before so thank you for your forbearance. I use Calibre but am not very savvy with it. Yesterday I went to copy my five purchased books from Ammy into Calibre and instead of five folders with the new book filess, the My Kindle Content folder showed 64 folders with yesterday's date. I opened up each folder and all of the folders except for the five new purchases were older purchases, going back to February. Just random book purchases with yesterday's date.

This happens almost every time I buy books but never to this scale. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone know why this is happening? I purchase most of my books from Ammy (some of the authors I read sell there exclusively) and have the books downloaded to my PC.

If any of you have ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
LTR88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Sounds like you're downloading/updating the older books every time you download a new book.

You might want to ask a mod move this to the amazon forum where you can get some specific help from people who know the amazon ropes.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 08:10 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You should only add the New book by dragging it (from KindleContent) to Calibre NOT by pointing Calibre to the Kindle content folder.
I view the Book in Kindle for PC, Then EXIT that ap. I then sort Kindle content folder by last modified date and NOTE the crazy file name. The I find the real book (AZW,Mobi...:Kindle Content type) that has the same base name

Find Duplicates Plugin might help you clean up the spillover.

Preferences:Adding Books: Adding Actions (tab): Set Automerge to your choice might help avoid dups.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote