Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #1
burotzschek
burotzschek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96
Onyx M96 crashed after wall-charging

Hello everyone,

I would very much appreciate some help/advice. I am an occasional forum reader, onyx M96 owner, and now first-time poster.

What has happened?: I plugged my device to a wall charger. I saw the orange light (suggesting charging had started) and I left the device for 2-3 hours. After I came back the device was shut down. Since then it does not respond to buttons at all. Cannot be turned on. No orange/purple light ever appears. M96 behaves like it has its battery removed.

What have I already tried:
- plugging the device to laptop with another cable
- I tried to reset the device by pushing power button for a time (10 sec and a minute).
- I pushed power button with '+' and '-' buttons (separately) for a time.
- (a few times) I unlpugged its battery from the motherboard and after 10 seconds I plugged the battery again.
- I left the device plugged to the unlucky charger for 24 hours. Unplugged it from a charger. Waited a few hours, and tried to turn it on.
- plugged the device for 24 hours to my laptop via USB cable.
Nothing helped.

What have not I tried (yet?):
- replacing the battery. I am not very smart eletronically and I suppose I may not be able to change battery at all. The ones available on-line usually have two wires coming from them while the one in my device have three. Moreover, those found on-line seem not to have a plug attached to their wires which keeps me wondering whether I would be able to plug them to motherboard at all.

Random (probably unuseful) information:
- At first, whenerver I connected the divice to my computer via USB, the following message popped out: "One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.". Now the message does not appear. Of course, Windows has never had an access to the device's memory.
- the unlucky charger was freshly bought, and it was the first time I plugged it to the reader. The charger (Blitzwolf BW-S5) works fine with my phone.
- my M96 was bought three years ago (Arta-Tech distribution).

I would appreciate every idea/suggestion how to make the device run again.
burotzschek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
burotzschek
burotzschek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96
Update:
when I unscrewed the back of my device I found that tiny piece of metal roaming inside: https://imgur.com/a/Jn2Da (metric scale)
Where do you think it might came from? Do you think fastening it on its place could make the device run again?
burotzschek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert