Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
ripterr
Edge User

Support kudos & experience

I thought I'd relate my recent experience my PE failure and with EnTourage Support for anyone experiencing a similar situation.
Two evenings ago, I read a novel on the PE and shut it down as I normally do.
Yesterday morning, when I turned the device on, the initializing message came up on the reader, but the tablet remained black and after the first three "booting" lights appeared, the device locked up. I had to use the reset push button to clear the screen.
I attempted booting multiple times, and once waited for 4 hours just to see if the system was busy for some reason....to no avail. Also tried removing the SD card...again no luck.
I called support, and the service representative had me restart the device while holding in the menu and screen rotate buttons...to no avail. He then escalated my ticket to a "Tier 3" and told me to expect a call during the workweek....most likely Monday or Tuesday.
Since I have a couple of meeting on Tuesday, I wasn't thrilled because I thought I would probably end up sending the device back to enTourage for repair.
Much to my surprise, I had an e-mail this morning from support; including an update file and clear, concise instructions for restoring my device. Once I downloaded the file to my flash drive, I was easily able to do a restore (fortunately all of my files and APK backups were on an SD card....since the device was wiped clean).
I have no idea what caused the corruption of the system files....had not installed any new apps or changed anything for several days.
As my father told me "it isn't a matter of "if" an electronic device will fail....it's "when." Knowing that the enTourage support folks are responsive and now having the ability to restore the device quickly is reassuring.
Just thought I'd share a positive experience!

Old 01-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
sarah11918
Edge User

Thanks for sharing your story. Several of us have similar above-and-beyond customer service success stories. Welcome to the club.

I know a lot of us are involved in discussions about why this isn't updated yet or why don't we have this feature yet, but it really does bear repeating that Entourage appears to put a lot of effort into making sure its customers are happy with working devices.

I think it's great that potential customers can come and read these forums and decide for themselves whether they would be happy with what the device promises now (knowing that they will receive whatever support they need to make sure the device functions properly), or whether they want to wait to see if future update bring a different set of functions, or choose a different product better suited to their needs.

Advert