Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #61
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
AAAAAAAHHHH !!! run away !!! what are you trying to do, exterminate me ???
Ooops. Goofed again. Merry Christmas, Zelda.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Ooops. Goofed again. Merry Christmas, Zelda.

aw, thank you ! that's beautiful vr, and it's just what i wanted, too !! what a lovely gift.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #63
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
aw, thank you ! that's beautiful vr, and it's just what i wanted, too !! what a lovely gift.
You should see my house. It's all white outside and all the trees are sparkly from the ice.

It's pretty, until you realize you have to drive in it
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #64
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
It's pretty, until you realize you have to drive in it
yes, luckily, i don't have this problem, even if it *does* snow here : no car, no permit.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #65
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
6 inches of snow in downtown Chicago. The lake and river are freezing over, as are the jagged gray-brown puddles of slush.

gray stone white cold
city slush bleak frozen morning -
her warm red mouth
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #66
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
6 inches of snow in downtown Chicago. The lake and river are freezing over, as are the jagged gray-brown puddles of slush.

gray stone white cold
city slush bleak frozen morning -
her warm red mouth
winter distilled into sixteen syllables. lovely.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #67
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
yes, luckily, i don't have this problem, even if it *does* snow here : no car, no permit.
I just made a foray outside, and my car promptly slid down the hill, so I turned around.

I live up in the mountains, which does not help me. Apparantly the main roads are fine too.

I wish I worked in the city and I could just take the metro to work Another plus: can't hit any deer in the city!

Thank goodness I'm moving to the base of this god forsaken mountain in the next month (god willing).
Old 12-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #68
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
If the mountain is god-forsaken, then I wouldn't count on god's will.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #69
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
If the mountain is god-forsaken, then I wouldn't count on god's will.
I never do.....

I tried again and made it. If I had just driven another half mile after I turned around, I would have been fine.

Ah well, I get to leave in an hour and a half anyway.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #70
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Beautiful pic of Vancouver's West End taken at a rare sunrise that had sun. (Photo by Dan Bewley)

Everything in the city is covered in white. We're going to have the most snow on the ground ever recorded for Christmas day.

Driving is a nightmare.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 12-24-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #71
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
We had about a foot and a half of snow. It's been raining most of the day, and the snow is sort of condensing. I understand we're going to get more rain tomorrow. Hopefully not enough to really get the snow melting, or we're going to be celebrating Christmas on the Ark.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #72
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Snowed in/under/and over in Vancouver

I'ts +2 C and still snowing. Busses can't make it up any hills. The skytrain has many delays. Roads are treacherous.

I want to call the caretaker of the building to go clear the snow off the satellite dish on the roof because I'm getting no reception, but I know he is out shovelling the walkways with others in our condo complex.

I should have went outside to take some pictures, but just looking out the window makes me shivver. Doggie needs a walk, so I'll have to venture out sometime soon.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #73
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Weather for tomorrow in DFW, Texas ... 20 C and partly cloudy
San Antonio, Texas 23 C and mostly cloudly.

Y'all enjoy the snow.....Red
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #74
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Tomorrow, for more or less Central Florida - 82 F (28 C for the rest of the world), cloudy, kinda foggy, chance of sprinkles.

Guess that's better than the tornado warning we had last Christmas. (still miss the snow, believe it or not)
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #75
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
[QUOTE=vivaldirules;312977]Awww. Here, my Queen. Have some snow.

[QUOTE]
That is a nice bust of Harry. Well done VR.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty