Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #28036
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Syfy's contract only gave them live broadcast rights. Most fans stream or download the show which didn't benefit Syfy.
Bad deal for them. They should have negotiated for more. Any contracts that ignore everything other than ad revenue from live broadcasts are contracts made by fools in this day and age.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #28037
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just finished "Past Tense", by Lee Child. I'm now completely up-to-date with the Jack Reacher series, which I've very much enjoyed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #28038
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm reading through the bundle of issues 1-20 of Galaxy's Edge Magazine. Currently on issue 4.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:04 AM   #28039
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just finished "The High-Tech Knight" by Leo Frankowski, which comprises the middle third of the Baen "Conrad Starguard" omnibus that I bought in 2004, and continues the story of a young engineer accidentally transported back to 13th century Poland, and his attempts to kick-start an early industrial revolution to hold off the Mongol invasion he knows will be coming in a few years' time. Extremely enjoyable.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:25 AM   #28040
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just finished "Crisis", by Felix Francis, his latest release. Set, as always, in the world of horse racing, this one features a "trouble shooter" hired by a wealthy Arab Sheikh to investigate the death of one of his best horses at a fire at a training stable in Newmarket. Excellent, and highly recommended. I actually borrowed this one from the library because the ebook is still too expensive. Doubtless the price will fall when the paperback is released later this year.
Advert
Old 02-08-2019, 05:02 AM   #28041
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

After five of the fun Pink Carnation series, I'm now eleven percent through Pandora's Star for a change pace and genre. So far, so good
Old 02-08-2019, 07:30 AM   #28042
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
I've been reading a Dickens character spin-off, A Far Better Rest by Susan Alleyne. It's really good! Set against the background of the French Revolution, it's the back story of Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities. Very well done!

There are a lot of books about Dickens characters out now. A few of them are very good!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:47 AM   #28043
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: The Lords of the North by Bernard Cornwell. The third in his King Alfred era historical saga.
And very good it was too. And that got me with all this year's purchases read, that were reference of out of order series.

So I read a purchase from last year - The Player of Games by Iain M. Banks. A most enjoyable story in his "Culture" universe. Very good indeed.

And now I find I have over twenty new purchase to read - The Galaxy's Edge magazine bundle.

But I'm going to start with the just-purchased new Novella from Lois McMaster Bujold: Knife's Children, set in her Sharing Knife universe. Normally I just ad a book to my watch list, but her self-published stuff doesn't go on offer, so I might as well buy and read in now.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #28044
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Tom Sharpe!!! Thanks for the reminder. I have Blott, also a Wilt or two, deep down in a cardboard box in the garage. Time for some excavating.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #28045
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Finished the Stargazer series by Michael Jan Friedman. Not the greatest Star Trek series ever...lol but it was entertaining I guess.

Next up I'm reading Shattered at Sea by Cheryl Hollon. The 5th book in the Webb Glass Shop series (cozy mystery).
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #28046
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Just finished "The Radiant Warrior" by Leo Frankowski. This comprises the final third of the Baen "Conrad Starguard" omnibus that I bought in 2004. A very enjoyable time travel romp about a young engineer accidentally transported back to 13th century Poland, and his attempts to kick-start an early industrial revolution to hold off the Mongol invasion he knows will be coming in a few years' time. Extremely enjoyable.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:31 PM   #28047
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Next a 2017 purchase, Medicus by Ruth Downie.
Abandoned after 100 pages. Nothing much happened and it didn't hold my attention especially for a murder mystery.

Next, Outbound Flight by Timothy Zahn. A 2016 purchase.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #28048
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Finished The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi. Great book,

58% through The Beastie Boys Book, but this is more of a coffee-table art piece; the formatting is a pain in the butt for a tablet, and I am continually changing settings o make parts of it readable.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #28049
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Each calendar quarter, as an Intercontinental Hotels (IHG) loyalty member, I'm entitled to three Kindle books from a (modest) list.

I'm really enjoying Elly Griffiths' The Zig Zag Girl, first of a series set in postwar Brighton, featuring a cop who consults with a magician friend on cases.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:29 AM   #28050
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yesterday I read "The Cross-time Engineer" by Leo Frankowski, which comprises the first third of the Baen "Conrad Starguard" omnibus that I bought in 2004. A very enjoyable time travel romp about a young engineer accidentally transported back to 13th century Poland, and his attempts to kick-start an early industrial revolution to hold off the Mongol invasion he knows will be coming in a few years' time. Extremely enjoyable.
Thanks for the tip, sounds intriguing - added to my tbr. Seeing as how you're also a fan of Lee Child and Dick/Felix Francis, I'm thinking it's worth a go.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote