Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-20-2018, 12:04 AM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
We just received our first official Spooky Takedown Letter!

When I start posting links to leaked ads, be sure to download ads you're really interested in. There's always a possibility that those ads will be pulled and you'll no longer have access to them. It doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen.

Quote:
Every year at this time BFAds receives "spooky takedown letters" from retailers who request that we refrain from posting their Black Friday ad - even if they've already published the ad themselves. This year, Home Depot made sure we got this letter early in the season.

Quote:
BFads.net:

We understand you may attempt to obtain and publish on your website(s) The Home Depot's advertising for Black Friday 2018 ("BF Advertising"). Please accept this communication as written notice that all contents of our BF Advertising, to include, but not limited to, products and pricing information, are confidential and proprietary to The Home Depot. The Home Depot does not expect the BF Advertising to be in the public domain prior to its scheduled publication of Thursday, November 22, 2018. Any leak of this BF Advertising may result in serious injury to The Home Depot. The Home Depot will aggressively take legal action against any website that posts the BF Advertising prior to it being published by The Home Depot, including seeking a restraining order, injunction, damages, and all other remedies that would be available at law or equity. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
We expect to see Home Depot's Black Friday ad around the first week of November according to our timeline.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #62
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
When I first saw the title I thought you had gotten the take down notice.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:07 AM   #63
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
When I first saw the title I thought you had gotten the take down notice.
Apache
I'm much too insignificant for any store to bother with me. Besides, this thread is cloaked with my monkey invisibility powers, so it'll always fly below the radar
Old 10-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #64
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
And if they chase you they chance running afoul of your banana peel gun.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #65
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I'm in the market for 2 - 10TB (or 12TB) HDDs and I'm stuck trying to decide to buy now or wait and hope for a better deal for Black Friday. But $275 each for a good name brand 10TB drive I think will be hard to beat even for Black Friday. Now or wait, now or wait!

But I'll be watching this thread constantly, thanks for starting it.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:50 PM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I'm in the market for 2 - 10TB (or 12TB) HDDs and I'm stuck trying to decide to buy now or wait and hope for a better deal for Black Friday. But $275 each for a good name brand 10TB drive I think will be hard to beat even for Black Friday. Now or wait, now or wait!

But I'll be watching this thread constantly, thanks for starting it.
What's the return policy for the current deals and how long do you have left to make your purchase?

BF is only 34 days away (23 Nov) and many great deals will happen before then.

And YW
Old 10-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #67
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's from NewEgg, so there's their usual restocking fee unless it's defective. But it's an HGST 7200rpm NAS 10TB drive for $275, I'm really thinking there's not going to be anything much cheaper for Black Friday. And that price is only good for 6 more days (but I've seen NewEgg run out of great deals too days before the end, so not sure I want to wait too long).
Old 10-20-2018, 05:36 PM   #68
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It's from NewEgg, so there's their usual restocking fee unless it's defective. But it's an HGST 7200rpm NAS 10TB drive for $275, I'm really thinking there's not going to be anything much cheaper for Black Friday. And that price is only good for 6 more days (but I've seen NewEgg run out of great deals too days before the end, so not sure I want to wait too long).
A sure thing now or a possible thing at a lower price on BF.

For unopened items, Newegg's return policy gives you 30 days to return them, with free return shipping and no restocking fees. Something to consider if you can make your purchase within the 30-day window prior to BF.

Also consider that most of the ads will be leaked ahead of BF, so you'll be able to see if it or a similar item goes on sale at any of the electronics stores. In which case, you're probably safe in getting it now.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 10-20-2018, 06:45 PM   #69
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

Oh I didn't realize if unopened there was no restocking fee. There's little risk to ordering it now then and just watching for deals before Black Friday. I'll give it a day more and then definitely order the drives. They're great quality drives at an excellent price, so I don't think I'll be sorry no matter what. Well maybe finding good quality 12TB drives at the same price would hurt a bit, but not too much!

Now, if I can resist not starting to fill them up when they come for 30 days... I've got at least 500 DVDs of movie and TV series that I decided I wanted to put onto hard drives for streaming. It's become a real bother to actually dig through my multiple binders full of DVDs to find what I want, even though I have a decent catalog of everything. There's nothing like just pointing to the movie and streaming it from your TV without getting up, I've gotten really spoiled.

PS: Thanks for helping me spend my money!
Old 10-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #70
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Oh I didn't realize if unopened there was no restocking fee. There's little risk to ordering it now then and just watching for deals before Black Friday. I'll give it a day more and then definitely order the drives. They're great quality drives at an excellent price, so I don't think I'll be sorry no matter what. Well maybe finding good quality 12TB drives at the same price would hurt a bit, but not too much!

Now, if I can resist not starting to fill them up when they come for 30 days... I've got at least 500 DVDs of movie and TV series that I decided I wanted to put onto hard drives for streaming. It's become a real bother to actually dig through my multiple binders full of DVDs to find what I want, even though I have a decent catalog of everything. There's nothing like just pointing to the movie and streaming it from your TV without getting up, I've gotten really spoiled.
Wrap them in black paper with a card reading: "Do Not Open Until Black Friday"

Here are the links so you can double check their return policy:

Newegg Return Policy | Newegg Restocking Fees

Quote:
PS: Thanks for helping me spend my money!
That's what I'm here for. Like I said back in post 15:

Quote:
Remember, the purpose of this thread is to drain your bank account. You've been warned
Old 10-22-2018, 12:38 PM   #71
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

I ordered them this morning, I decided I'll wait 3 weeks at the most before opening them and starting to use them. But I'm really kicking myself for not deciding to do this a month sooner so I could have avoided the 10% sales tax hit.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:24 AM   #72
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Holiday Electronics Gift Guide 2018 Posted!
Quote:
We just posted the 56-page Amazon Holiday Electronics Gift Guide 2018!

As anticipated, Amazon has unveiled its Holiday Electronics Gift Guide for 2018. Amazon is showing over 600 electronic items to shop for online this season. They've broken their electronics guide products into 12 categories, including New Releases, Gaming (which Amazon has labeled "TwitchCon Central"), Smart Home, Computers and Accessories, Photography, and Gifts Under $100 - just to name a few.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-24-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:24 AM   #73
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Costco November Coupon Book 2018 Posted!
Quote:
We just posted the 23-page Costco November Coupon Book!

The dollars-off items in this ad will be valid from October 31st through November 26th.

The exciting news we find here is that Costco will be closed in-club on Thanksgiving Day again this year in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, just as they were last year.

Costco Online-Only November Savings Posted
Quote:
We just posted the 18-page Costco Online-Only November Savings ad.

These are Costco's exclusive online-only deals that are valid October 30th through November 25th.

Costco has loaded up this event with furniture, tech, home improvement items, and so much more. They even have a section on personalized holiday gifts.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-24-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #74
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sam's Club Holiday Gift Guide 2018
Quote:
Sam's Club posted their 2018 Holiday Gift Guide!

Broken down into 12 categories, Sam's has done the legwork for you and categorized gifts for everyone on your list this holiday season. Their breakdown includes gifts for him, gifts for her, gifts for the home, and even gifts for your pets.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-24-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #75
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Target Announces 2018 Holiday Plans
Quote:
Target has announced its holiday plans for 2018.

In their efforts to be "America's easiest place to shop for the holiday season," Target has revealed several new concepts for fulfillment (delivery and shipping options) for 2018. Our personal favorite is free 2-day shipping for all guests on thousands of items with no minimum purchase. This shipping bonus begins November 1st, and we couldn't be happier about it. This event runs through December 22nd and matches the same concept unveiled by Walmart according to their recent press release.

Target will also offer nationwide same-day delivery of orders to the doorsteps of millions of guests via Shipt. Customers place orders through the Shipt app or through Shipt.com in markets across 46 states, and orders can be delivered in as little as 1 hour. They are also expanding their Drive Up option, which is exactly what it sounds like - shop through the Target app and drive up for your order. This comes ahead of schedule at nearly 1,000 stores by the end of October, so we'll be ready to take advantage of that any day now. Orders are completed in less than an hour, loaded up in your car in less than 2 minutes upon arrival in the Target parking lot. Check out their other order fulfillment offerings as well.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-24-2018 at 06:06 AM.