Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-04-2022, 12:56 PM   #421
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you so much, gviacc!
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:59 AM   #422
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Unfortunately Count Pages plugin doesn't work with pdfinfo.exe from xpdf-tools
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:22 PM   #423
Magic815
Enthusiast
Magic815 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen (2021)
Is anyone interested in updating this plugin to enhance its ability to grab the eBook ISBN? As it operates now, it just grabs the first ISBN that it finds. For someone who wants the eBook ISBN, this means the plugin "fails" in that regard about 20% of the time, in my experience.

I like this as an idea on how it could be implemented. It would be good to also get it Qt 6 compliant (if it's not already).

I would even be willing to donate/pay a nominal fee for anyone who was willing to take this on.
Magic815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:53 PM   #424
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Plugin's not working in the Calibre 6 beta. It's still installed, but the menu options disappeared and 'customize plugin' gives me a prompt to restart Calibre (to no effect).
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:46 AM   #425
nephtys59
nephtys59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
I confirm plugin no longer working in Calibre 6.0 final. Please, please update it. It's so useful! Thanks!
nephtys59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:56 AM   #426
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.5.1 - Calibre 6/Qt6 compatibility

I have update the plugin to version 1.5.1. This is purely for Calibre 6/Qt6 compatibility. There are no other changes. But, I do not use the plugin and have done minimal testing. If was able to find the ISBN in a couple of PDFs that I have, but, I did nothing more than that.

Calibre will announce the availability of the update in the next hour or so.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 01:56 PM   #427
nephtys59
nephtys59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have update the plugin to version 1.5.1. This is purely for Calibre 6/Qt6 compatibility. There are no other changes. But, I do not use the plugin and have done minimal testing. If was able to find the ISBN in a couple of PDFs that I have, but, I did nothing more than that.

Calibre will announce the availability of the update in the next hour or so.
Works perfectly now. Thank you so much for updating it so quickly. I'm really grateful!
nephtys59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:29 AM   #428
tribbleoo
tribbleoo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thumbs up Win10 x64 / 19044.1826

Hi,
i don't know what is the problem but i follow the steps from User @gviacc.

Here again Step by Step
1. Download https://dl.xpdfreader.com/xpdf-tools-win-4.04.zip This can be find here https://www.xpdfreader.com/download.html at Point "Download the Xpdf command line tools:"
2. Extract the Zip
3. Copy "pdfinfo.exe" form Directory ..\xpdf-tools-win-4.04\bin64 to directory C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\bin

The MD5-Hash from that file is
30a116aa6fcb1901c9573153ae420769 *pdfinfo.exe

‎‎18. ‎April ‎2022, ‏‎23:11:27 1,20 MB (1.265.664 Bytes)

@davidfor
Can you look or see what is the different between the "Calibre" pdfinfo and the "xpdf-tools" pdfinfo?

For me this works and i am happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gviacc View Post
Hi, this worked for me

substitute pdfinfo.exe included in calibre's msi installation with xpdf-tools-win-4.03\bin64

Directory ..\Calibre Portable\Calibre\app\bin

27/01/2021 23:23 1.225.216 pdfinfo.exe
17/02/2022 19:29 1.440.192 pdfinfo.exe_old
tribbleoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 03:53 AM   #429
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribbleoo View Post
@davidfor
Can you look or see what is the different between the "Calibre" pdfinfo and the "xpdf-tools" pdfinfo?
Sorry, I don't use the plugin*. I have only ever touched it to make sure it keeps working with the major changes of calibre. And the main reason I fixed it now was to remove the errors I was seeing in the logs as I worked on other plugins.

* If I am honest, I find the concept of the plugin to be a bit pointless. It is far to easy to find the ISBN elsewhere, and, honestly, I have no real use for the ISBN.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 08:30 AM   #430
taosecurity
Richard Bejtlich
taosecurity began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
I appreciate you fixing the plugin. Here are three reasons it is important to my workflow:

1. I use ISBNs to add books to Libib. If Calibre can't find an ISBN in a book I just added to it, it's time for me to do some research.

2. I use your plugin as a quick check to see if a PDF has embedded text, or is just images. If it's just images, the ISBN plugin won't find an ISBN.

3. So long as the ISBN that the plugin finds is not an ISBN for a series, or an advertisement for another book, etc., I use the found ISBN as the "canonical" version.

So, your plugin is really useful. ��
taosecurity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 02:30 PM   #431
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
A plugin translation error was reported in this thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...35#post4252635)
Here I leave the mo and po files for future versions
Attached Files
File Type: zip es,po and mo corrected.zip (5.4 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by dunhill; 08-28-2022 at 09:32 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 03:06 PM   #432
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks dunhill for those, I will include them in the next release.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 02:15 PM   #433
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic815 View Post
Is anyone interested in updating this plugin to enhance its ability to grab the eBook ISBN? As it operates now, it just grabs the first ISBN that it finds. For someone who wants the eBook ISBN, this means the plugin "fails" in that regard about 20% of the time, in my experience.

I like this as an idea on how it could be implemented. It would be good to also get it Qt 6 compliant (if it's not already).

I would even be willing to donate/pay a nominal fee for anyone who was willing to take this on.
Did this get anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Another option that could work is for it to list all the found ISBNs (and the text immediately preceding/following it) and let the user pick.
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 03:23 PM   #434
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Allowing the user to choose sounds interesting but not without some technical challenges. The way this plugin works is it scans the text of book pages using a regular expression to find numbers that look like an ISBN. So right now all it could do is show the user a list of numbers - not particularly useful given there are no rules for publishers about what order they should be defined and for what purpose. They may even be from an advertisement for another book by that publisher...

So you would have to try to give at least a snippet of text preceding each (which still wouldn't help in the case of an advert). Even that might not necessarily be trivial given how this plugin strips stuff out prior to searching for ISBNs, would have to check.

Then you have all the UI and workflow aspects to consider - right now this runs as a background job in calibre so someone can queue up 50 books and forget about it. You would have to force a UI interaction on them when the job is completed (at least in the circumstances where more than one match is found). Perhaps displaying all the isbns across all the books in a grid and force the user to perhaps tick a box as to which they want from each book group. As one book at a time through some sort of wizard would be too painful to use.

Hence IMO it is a non-trivial change to make that falls very squarely into the rainy day category. It is an interesting suggestion though, and has the potential to reduce some of the noise that has happened in this thread over the years when people come here to exclaim that the plugin should apply rule xyz just because they have a book or two that would work for...

I'm sure if we hooked this into a cloud AI with some learning patterns it would make better choices - but no that isn't going to happen
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #435
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
A small request: Is it possible to add an option to have it fail silently if no/identical ISBN is found? I use it as part of a few action chains.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-01-2022 at 01:48 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote