Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
dreeds
dreeds began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Running Book Summary/Jacket info

I bought the Reader for my wife for Christmas and she is having a little time adjusting to the concept. One critisism she had was that she could not "read the jacket" and remind herself what the book was about, if she had many books already on the Reader to read later.

So I showed her that she could create a running book summary document in Word with a first page table of contents and a brief one page summary for each book copied from Amazon. Then she saved it as an RTF and uploaded it to her Reader. As she adds books, she could edit the file and uploaded as need. She really liked this concept so I thought I'd share it with others - even though it's a rather low tech solution.

Dreeds
dreeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
TheMadBrewer
Connoisseur
TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura Limited Edition, Kindle Voyager.
I did something like that when I was using my Garmin iQue -- I was re-reading a lot of series and its not always obvious from titles what the order is, so I'd create a little document with the book order.

That gets me thinking -- a "check list/to do" list application would be perfect for the Reader. Download a list and the "check off" with the number keys.
TheMadBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The Collections feature in the ConnSoft is excellent for book order in series- um -es. It lets you order the books as you like, rather than Alpha, and you can go to the collection to get to them rather than chasing them in the main book list. I'm presently keeping all my books in Collections just to avoid that main book list. I'm hoping that they'll allow a hierarchical file system, or at least collections on memory cards in a (not to distant) future firmware update.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
Lin
Lin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I thought I was the only one who was missing the book jacket information. I wish they would include at least the back cover info with the book description.

I'm also keeping a Word file where I copy from Amazon the title, author, and book description. But I wish I didn't have to waste time doing this.
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote