Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
clayw1pi
Enthusiast
clayw1pi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle For PC
Book Purchase Warning

Be careful when ordering Books from "hotbooksale.com". I ordered a book yesterday and this morning I received an email telling me that I was enrolled in their Best Brands Value Club (a fee based service). I went to the site and cancelled this unsolicited membership. I need to be more careful when agreeing to "Terms of Service" items. I believe this is where they caught me. Again, don't know if its a scam, but certainly its sneaky!

Here's the main site: https://www.bestbrandvalues.com/default.aspx?logout=1
clayw1pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Bad news, Clay. Good to have your company here, though. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
clayw1pi
Enthusiast
clayw1pi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle For PC
A Nice Link

Thanks for the http://www.bewrite.net link. I like the fact that there is no DRM. I have over 117 books in my Sony Pocket Reader and not one of them contains a DRM. I will never buy a book that contains DRM. Just one of my quirks. There are too many good books without DRM to go through the hassel.
clayw1pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayw1pi View Post
Be careful when ordering Books from "hotbooksale.com". I ordered a book yesterday and this morning I received an email telling me that I was enrolled in their Best Brands Value Club (a fee based service). I went to the site and cancelled this unsolicited membership. I need to be more careful when agreeing to "Terms of Service" items. I believe this is where they caught me. Again, don't know if its a scam, but certainly its sneaky!

Here's the main site: https://www.bestbrandvalues.com/default.aspx?logout=1

Thanks for the Warning

And Welcome to MobileRead

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote