Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
dr.dran
dr.dran began at the beginning.

Device: none
New Feature Request: Separate the Server (django-based) from the interface

Hi at All!

I'm new, but I'm very glad to use Calibre to manage my pdf collection. So I Think that will be a very very improvement to separate the two aspect of calibre, the "server" and the client interface, obviosly that was tricky, but I thik that give to all user to have a client / server installation that simplify the backups of the repository, and for exampe permit with a dyndns account to access the collection from outside.

Excuse me for my bad english...

Best Regards

Franco Tampieri
dr.dran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.dran View Post
Hi at All!

I'm new, but I'm very glad to use Calibre to manage my pdf collection. So I Think that will be a very very improvement to separate the two aspect of calibre, the "server" and the client interface, obviosly that was tricky, but I thik that give to all user to have a client / server installation that simplify the backups of the repository, and for exampe permit with a dyndns account to access the collection from outside.
I'm not sure what you want? If the Calibre GUI is closed, the server still runs. I access my books remotely via dyndns.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
If you're talking about the content server option, there is a standalone version. It's a command line app, and can be invoked by typing calibre-server at the command prompt. (the exe can be found at "Program Files\Calibre2\calibre-server.exe").

Of course the calibre content server (GUI or CLI) is only for Stanza and web browsers, and is not a true client/server architecture for calibre as a whole.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote