Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggle4Evr View Post
And how did you authorizse it? I found no menu entry.
It happened as soon as I installed it, IIRC. Or maybe when I went to the book store and logged in. I can't recall exactly right now.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #32
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It happened as soon as I installed it, IIRC. Or maybe when I went to the book store and logged in. I can't recall exactly right now.

BOb
Mine was authorized when I first logged in to my account on the store. I was able to browse the store without logging in or authorizing my computer, but once I logged in it automatically did the authorization.

Is it possible to de-authorize computers you no longer own? There are a couple of computers on my account now from a job I quit months ago, and forgot to de-authorize before I left. Hmmmm . . . maybe an email to Sony is in order.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
Is it possible to de-authorize computers you no longer own? There are a couple of computers on my account now from a job I quit months ago, and forgot to de-authorize before I left. Hmmmm . . . maybe an email to Sony is in order.
You can't do it yourself unless you can still access the computer. So yes, you can email support and they can do it for you.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #34
KDawg
Junior Senior
KDawg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nookColor, nook, PRS-900, PRS-505, PRS-500, Kindle PW, Kindle Oasis
So far so good here. First I downloaded and installed 3.0 on my 1.6GHz C2D Macbook Air. Next I authorized with the Sony store.

I had been running the Windows version on Parallels with my Sony books in a shared My Books directory and my DRM'd PDFs and ePubs in a shared My Digital Editions directory. I imported all of the files in both directories.

The .lrf and .lrx files were immediately viewable. The first time I tried to view a locked PDF the software asked for my Adobe username and password to authorize this computer. After supplying those everything was viewable.

Next I tried re-downloading a locked ePub from Harper Collins. Safari downloaded a link but it did not automatically install (which is fine with me). I double clicked on the .acsm link in the downloads window and eBook Library downloaded the ePub.

My only complaints so far are that the ePubs only display one page at a time in full-screen-mode (Sony books display two pages at a time) and the software is very slow to respond - several seconds elapse between clicking on a book and that book getting highlighted.
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #35
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
Yes, you authorize your Mac when you first log in to the Sony store, using your Sony credentials. You authorize your 505 to protected epub and PDF the first time you transfer a protected book, using your Adobe ID. Those can be completely different e-mail accounts (mine are, because Sony knows my credit card number, and Adobe does not).

As a note, I did DE-authorize my 505 from the very same Adobe ID on a Windows machine before I did these steps, just in case.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #36
bookfiend
Enthusiast
bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma
The method of changing international settings worked for me as well, but when I finally got the program running I was very disappointed to see that I still couldn't edit metadata. I'm sticking to Calibre.
bookfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #37
sip
sip began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I installed the eBook Library on a Mac Pro (2008) running Snow Leopard and it fired up straight away, sync worked fine, etc, etc.

But, I decided that it was far easier to just drag&drop from my Mac to the mounted 505 on my Desktop/Finder.
sip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:20 AM   #38
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by sip View Post
But, I decided that it was far easier to just drag&drop from my Mac to the mounted 505 on my Desktop/Finder.
I was meaning to ask before, but it just slipped away from memory all the time when dragging and dropping, did anyone experience the creation of any .title books? I mean the creation of those "shadow" files (thus the dot before their name) that are created in OS X, I believe, for Spotlight necessities.

Snow Leopard does support ebooklibrary quite well (then again I'm very happy about the upgrade, lighter, faster). Haven't tried to run the buggiest feature (buggiest for me), the multiple ebook transfert; it used to end up stuck when I tried that, at the best I had to cancel the operation, at worst force-quit
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #39
Oogami
Oogami began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi Folks, I'm new here. Found this thread when I was having issues with the new Sony Library 3.1 for Mac.

I had the same problem as everyone else, the menu would appear but nothing worked.

I finally figured out why Reader Library wasn't loading.

I guess the Reader files got corrupted somehow? After deleting:

~/Library/Preferences/Sony Corporation/Reader

And then launching Reader Library, it worked again.

I thought I'd share this in case anyone else was still having issues installing the Reader Library on their Mac.
Oogami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook library sony, mac