Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
purplecaz
purplecaz began at the beginning.

Device: cooler
Cool-er grey stripes, won't respond.

Hi, I've seen the other threads about similar problems and i've tried to reset it but i can't get the cooler to respond at all. All I get is grey stripes. I've tried the reset juggle, i've downloaded the firmware to three sd cards of various size but the machine does nothing - my pc doesn't recognise it either. Any ideas?
purplecaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Qxr
Enthusiast
Qxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it is

Device: lbook V3, iRex DR800SG
Pictures would be helpful. Meanwhile, your description implies that the eink display broke down and needs replacement.
Qxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
purplecaz
purplecaz began at the beginning.

Device: cooler
It tries to start and gets to the grey gradient stripes page, where it freezes. To be honest, reading about the cooler on the net, it seems we have all been left high and dry by the makers - there is no support anywhere. Mine was £169 when new - not cheap to be breaking just after a year old.
purplecaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Qxr
Enthusiast
Qxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it is

Device: lbook V3, iRex DR800SG
Well, gradient stipes make me believe that the screen is all right. Unfortunately, all I can suggest is trying to install firmware of compaible devices. See the most recent threads for the links. Good luck!
Qxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
gradient stripes

The gradient stripes are a known error and a problem that Cool-ers with earlier software had.

If you can re install the software using a SD card I think it should be recoverable?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert