Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #1
rakis
rakis began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin v3 or Kindle
Travelfish on Reader?

Hi All,
I was just wondering, has anybody travel one of the travel guides from travelfish? How do the maps look on the Sony Reader's screen? Can you zoom in?

Thanks!!
rakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Rakis -

Here's a golden rule:

***PDF's don't look good on the Sony Reader***

This is especially true for Travel Guides with their intricate layout of maps and boxes and sidebars.

I went to the Travelfish site. I can only imagine they would look worse on a Sony than the Lonely Planets guides since the pages are in the larger A4 size. Also, the Travelfish guides seem of little value - out of date, dubious research and only 19 pages long.

If you are really interested in travel guides I suggest you visit the forums that deal with those countries.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/ would be a good start.

Folks on those forums would be happy to give you current first hand information about anything and everything you can think of - and also things you would never find in any Lonely Planets/Rough Guide/Travelfish. Download all the advice in html or text and create your own travel guide. Stick THAT on your ebook reader.

Last edited by RCR; 03-01-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: clarification
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert