Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
HarpingOn
HarpingOn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Gift a Kobo Book ?

Friends and family are asking me what I'd like as gifts this year, and as usual books spring to mind.

So here we are in 2014, many years after I mostly stopped buying and reading print, because of storage issues. And ...

How can folks send me kobo books? I found a YouTube video showing the 'Gift' option, but I don't see that button, so neither will they.

Is there something you have to do to get the button to appear? Is it because I'm in the UK and british people don't get to gift books?

Gift cards are a rubbish idea.

Can do book gifting with Smash Words so I might ferret out a wish list on that if I can't get Kobo Books.

Ta!
HarpingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpingOn View Post
Friends and family are asking me what I'd like as gifts this year, and as usual books spring to mind.

So here we are in 2014, many years after I mostly stopped buying and reading print, because of storage issues. And ...

How can folks send me kobo books? I found a YouTube video showing the 'Gift' option, but I don't see that button, so neither will they.

Is there something you have to do to get the button to appear? Is it because I'm in the UK and british people don't get to gift books?

Gift cards are a rubbish idea.

Can do book gifting with Smash Words so I might ferret out a wish list on that if I can't get Kobo Books.

Ta!
Just checked the Kobo site (Canadian) and the eGift option is there on the home page but there is no option to gift a book, just a gift card. Though I've personally prefer the gift cards ever since the year I got the same book from 3 people and had the fun of trying to get the Coles to give a store credit for two of them.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
There used to be an option to gift a book in some countries, there was a "Gift" button beside the "Buy" button, and the person receiving the gift could choose to accept either the book or store credit for the amount you paid for it.

But they removed that option over a year ago and I don't think it is available anywhere now. It was a useful option because you could gift books to people in oher countries where the book was not available due to georestrictions.

Some countries still have the eGift option to send a virtual gift card, the recepient gets the store credit for the value of the gift. (Edit: The recipient of the gift can be in any country except Japan.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 11-02-2014 at 10:05 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #4
HarpingOn
HarpingOn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Okay thanks. I'll limit my wish list to smash words titles
HarpingOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gift