Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #31
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylv1 View Post
So PeterT is right, "the serial #'s are NOT loaded from the recovery partition".

But, your experiment does not proove that SN is not read from the microSD card.

Have you tried to run your kobo using the spare sd card made from KevinShort's image ? I wonder what the serial number would be.
I never said the SN wasn't stored on the SD card...
Yes, its all zeros
see
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post

Quote:
I would be curious to see what would be the SN of a device for which a factory reset would be made from an SD card where the first occurrence of the SN (the one that is located at 200h in the image file) would not be removed (or would be faked).
See above image.

Quote:
I am not surprised that the KOBOeReader fat32 partition retains footprints of files related to books that may sometime have been stored there : as far as I remember deleting a file on a fat32 partition only removes informations about this file in the file allocation table but does not really delete the file (this is the principle that is used for recovering deleted files).
This make sense to me, I guess the only way to remove all references to SN's is to use a wipe utility program on the fat32 partition.

Quote:
Would it be possible that the offset 200h (512d) is in the master boot record ?

gparted tells me that my microSD card starts with 9.50 MB of "unused" space (therefore, the 200h address is definitely not in the rootfs partition).
Thats my guess...i bet that's where the SN is stored...

Update: I checked KevinShort's Image again, and sure enough there was a hidden .kobo directory on the fat32 partition with some kpubs & other data in it.

Last edited by freekobo; 01-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
JMNP
JMNP began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO
By mistake I deleted the internal 2Gb sd my Kobo glo...Someone would be so kind as to send me the sd image?...please
JMNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2019, 12:40 PM   #33
kleber souza
kleber souza began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
how can I put the serial number on my kobo glo?
kleber souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:03 PM   #34
kleber souza
kleber souza began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
serial number on kobo glo

my kobo glo bricked after I tried to update, so, I restored the firmware using an image file, but now my kobo doesn't have serial number, it appear only 00000000, anyone knows how to put the serial number again?
kleber souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:34 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber souza View Post
my kobo glo bricked after I tried to update, so, I restored the firmware using an image file, but now my kobo doesn't have serial number, it appear only 00000000, anyone knows how to put the serial number again?
Answered in another thread.

And posting multiple times without giving a real chance for a response is just wasting everyone's time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert