Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
There is an Android app that syncs FBReader using one own's dropbox account. It's called FBSync, but I don't know if FBSync or FBReader exist on apple products.

The way I currently sync my non kindle books is by coping the mdp file that is generated with the Kindle devices.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #17
scooterfrog
Enthusiast
scooterfrog began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Non-amazon content will never sync bookmarks, highlights and stuff. The best you can hope for is to keep track of your "Furthest read page" across different devices. Hopefully, that will be enough for your purposes.

Also:

You will never get non-Amazon content to show up in your "Archive." It will have to be individually loaded on each device in one of the ways ProfCrash has mentioned.

ok so I side load it on 2 - x devices and if I have an asin it will sync furhtesr read.
scooterfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I believe that is correct.

Archive = Log os stuff bought from Amazon
Contents = everything that you have on your Kindle or Kindle App.

So you are adding the ASIN in order to be able to synch non-Amazon material that will show up on your contents page(s). This will allow it to synch to the furthest read across all Kindle Apps.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #19
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
The nook is your best option for cross platform syncing, nook app synchs up the nook device to both iPod, iPhone, iPad and all Android devices. Plus it accepts ePub
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #20
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Kindle does the same for all Kindle devices. He is looking for something that can be used to synch across devices with books bought from different vendors.

Does the Nook allow you to synch non BN purchased books across devices? If so then that is the easier answer. If not, then the Kindle Apps with modifications made in Mobi2Mobi is his best bet or some similar tweek for the Nook Apps.
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #21
scooterfrog
Enthusiast

ok I am getting there
and the only way to assign the asin is with mobi2mobi.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
ok I am getting there
and the only way to assign the asin is with mobi2mobi.
I believe converting to mobi with a recent version of Calibre will create the ASIN record with a random number in it.

You can use Mobi2Mobi to verify that Calibre is doing it. The ASIN number is EXTH record 113.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #23
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I guess I am assuming that Mobi2mobi works for mobi files only and not EPub files. I have no idea if this is the case or not. If the above statement is true, I have no idea if there is a similar program for EPub books.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #24
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Does the Nook allow you to synch non BN purchased books across devices? If so then that is the easier answer.
I said this above, but no. The nook (B&N software) only syncs B&N purchases (which reside on its cloud), not the stuff you sideload. I doubt the rooted is any better on this front.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #25
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I said this above, but no. The nook (B&N software) only syncs B&N purchases (which reside on its cloud), not the stuff you sideload. I doubt the rooted is any better on this front.
Thank you!

I asked because of boswd post which made it sound like it was possible and I wanted clarification.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #26
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
have you tried? I haven't yet because you actually have to sideload your your ePub books onto your phone's Nook app into "My Files" but once you do I see no reason why it couldn't unless there is a special code written for the synching up only for BN books, which could be the case.

it actually will give me a project to do
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #27
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
If you sideload something into your nook app on your iPhone, it won't even appear on your nook unless you separately load it into your nook as well. Tracking of recent purchases/opens and last page read is done through the B&N servers. The B&N servers don't know about your "My Files" or "My Documents", only your devices do.

If I'm wrong, I'll be happy enough that all my Baen books will sync...but I doubt I am wrong. Whatever is being sync'ed needs to be in the cloud for the tech they are using, and what Amazon does is allow you to upload stuff into their cloud (as I understand it).
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #28
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterfrog View Post
I share Ipod touch, ipad and android phone.
until I got my android phone I was happy with ibooks. use the ipad at home and the touch on the run.

if I get the right solution I will go buy another touch
Like I said in post#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I'm pretty sure that's achievable with a mobilme account using iBooks.
http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-i...nd-ibooks.html
You don't need to pay for a mobilme account it works with iTunes for free.

Last edited by wannabee; 03-01-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: mobilme info
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #29
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
If your books are already in DRM-free epub format, you might want to give Ibis Reader a go
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #30
scooterfrog
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Like I said in post#2

http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-i...nd-ibooks.html
You don't need to pay for a mobilme account it works with iTunes for free.
still won't do android