Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 03:18 AM   #1
kgian
Enthusiast
kgian began at the beginning.

Device: EBW-1150
New mainstream device available in Greece!

Yesterday I went by one of Greece's largest computer and electronics stores. Imagine my surprise when I saw in the window advertisement for their own branded e-ink reader. I went inside and they had a demo unit.

Six inch e-ink, seemed quite fast, good screen, thin and light. Total cost, 249 euro. This brand is maybe the largest in Greece in electronics with brick and mortar stores in all major cities.

From the site I can translate:
  • 6 inch e-ink
  • 512mb internal, up to 4gb sd card
  • Adobe DE pdf & epub
  • various fonts and sizes, also it seemed full justification (the way I like it)
  • music capability
  • 8000 page turns
  • 8.5mm thick, 174gr

http://www.plaisio.gr/Campaign/ebook.htm

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-10-2010 at 08:41 AM.
kgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Wow, Those Jinke devices get around. We now have an Australian, Chinese, German and Greek version
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Jinke ?
Souds like to me good old netronix Cybook Gen3 / PB180 / e-slik / cool-er
I can only apresiate the icons for button being some place visible.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Since the name is Turbo-X eBOOK EB600 we can be pretty sure this is a Netronix EB600, probably with Netronix firmware. This is a good basic reader, and the one most likely to be rebranded these days. The Cool-er also uses standard Netronix firmware and may be the closest to what you get with this device. Presumably, it will support Adobe DRM for PDF and ePub although the product page does not say so.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgian View Post
Yesterday I went by one of Greece's largest computer and electronics stores. Imagine my surprise when I saw in the window advertisement for their own branded e-ink reader. I went inside and they had a demo unit.

It's a pretty slick looking website although it's greek to me ....
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
You're kidding!!!!! I never expected that!
As far as I know, only Bebook sells directly in Greece (has a greek website, at least), and it's not like there are any (or at least many) greek ebooks to be sold....
TurboX is the brand name plaisio sticks on any of its self-made devices (laptops etc), by the way.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
Yorgarazgreece
Yorgarazgreece began at the beginning.

Device: EB1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgian View Post

Six inch e-ink, seemed quite fast, good screen, thin and light. Total cost, 249 euro. This brand is maybe the largest in Greece in electronics with brick and mortar stores in all major cities.

From the site I can translate:
  • 6 inch e-ink
  • 512mb internal, up to 4gb sd card
  • Adobe DE pdf & epub
  • various fonts and sizes, also it seemed full justification (the way I like it)
  • music capability
  • 8000 page turns
  • 8.5mm thick, 174gr

I tried to translate the page:

[Image WAY too large. Edited out. - Moderator]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-12-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Yorgarazgreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #8
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I actually bought one from Plaisio. It worked OK although the pin-cover has fallen out. The major problem is that they NEVER update the software. Since the Dec 2009 version there has been at least one MAJOR (new ebook type support, faster page turns) and my local store (or the Athens Plaisio superstore) will not assist me in finding out how to upgrade the firmware. I've given up...

The screen contrast is WAY less than the Kindle as well. If I had it to do-over I'd get the 6-inch Kindle shipped to Greece. Cheaper cost and MUCH *better product* even with the intl shipping/taxes!

Actually I have the Kindle DX (9.7") and am very happy with it.
Anyone want to buy the Plaisio 6" model from me??? ;-)
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote