Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #136
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by baalajimaestro View Post
I have a new problem erupting in my PW2(SR-9017 FW 5.8.9.2). MrPI keeps destroying all packages and none of the hacks installed via a bin seem to work. Yet KUAL,KOReader, and other addons seem to work as designated. Even taking off MrPI and putting itback doesnt help! I'm planning for a Diags downgrade to some lower version like 5.6.5 and then look for methods to rectify it. Is it okay to proceed?

B.Baalaji
No.
Post the log message that MrPI is creating.
That message will determine what to do next, don't just guess.

Last edited by knc1; 05-23-2017 at 09:42 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #137
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
I found myself to boot very perfectly into Diags. And I have attached the mrinstaller log. Tried installing about 6 bin files but to no avail.

B.Baalaji
Attached Files
File Type: txt mrinstaller.txt (379.9 KB, 605 views)
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #138
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Surprising but now after taking the zip file from this page and again putting it back into my kindle, MrPI works successfully!
Probably the KindleTool on my Kindle's end as well my zip might have been corrupted!
Working successfully, installed all the bin hacks again

B.Baalaji
Old 05-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #139
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Surprising but now after taking the zip file from this page and again putting it back into my kindle, MrPI works successfully!
Probably the KindleTool on my Kindle's end as well my zip might have been corrupted!
Working successfully, installed all the bin hacks again

B.Baalaji
It **was** working.
Somehow you lost the contents of: */extensions/MRInstaller/data

You are now running an old copy of MrPI.
You should get the current copy from NiLuJe's snapshot thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
Read that first post for directions on how to open an *.xz archive on Windows.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #140
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It **was** working.
Somehow you lost the contents of: */extensions/MRInstaller/data

You are now running an old copy of MrPI.
You should get the current copy from NiLuJe's snapshot thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
Read that first post for directions on how to open an *.xz archive on Windows.
Thank you so much! It works! But interestingly, nothing of the data seemed to be lost from the tar.gz when compared. Probably corrupted. But usbnet never seemed to work after update to 5.8.9.2. Will check back and report!
Sir when i look into /mnt/us/usbnet there is an auto file along with a DISABLED_auto file. Upon deleting disabled auto too it is recreated back by the system itself. Feeling I could go back to a firmware where i can re-jb even if i lose jb! Tomorrow my exams end then i will try exploring how to enable diags througha browser script. BTW, got ubuntu.

B.Baalaji

Last edited by baalajimaestro; 05-23-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #141
knc1
Going Viral

read the RP script, it contains the system command to switch systems.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #142
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!

Quote:
The only problem im facing is how to go about calling lipc or dbus scripts through browser
But think so5.6.5 jb by branch delay can help. co z accessing even chroot was possible through the browser.
BTW,what do you think happened to my usbnet hack. It is probably only with me coz no one ever reported such incident in our forums

B.Baalaji

Last edited by baalajimaestro; 05-23-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #143
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!

Quote:
Well,where is this script?

B.Baalaji
Old 05-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #144
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Well,where is this script?

B.Baalaji
It is in the Rescue Pack package (and on your Kindle if you installed RP - which I thought you did).
I can't say precisely, I don't use it, my Kindles have serial port connections.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:33 AM   #145
valettav
valettav began at the beginning.

Device: kindel 4 and 3
Hello!
It's my first post!
I tried to jailbreaker on kindle paperwithe 4 firmware 5.10.0.2 serial G000PP07, with factory settings, never connected to wi-fi
I followed the procedures from this tread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312489
I have do the procedures correctly and in fact in kindle there is the document "You are Jailbroken" and I have installed the hotfix.
Then i have unzip with 7-Zip 19.00 64-bit "kual-mrinstaller-1.6.N.zip" and I copyed the "extensions" and "mrpackages" folders into the main kindle folder (kindle (F on my pc) but nothing appears in the Helper menu.
I tried to install KUAL anyway by following the procedure from this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326
"Once that's done, put the Update_KUALBooklet_v * _install.bin file (found in the same archive as mentioned earlier) in the mrpackages folder, which you'll find at the root of your Kindle over USB, then eject & unplug you Kindle.
Finally, enter, log mrpi in the Homescreen's searchbar, and wait for MRPI to do its thing "
The file start ("launching the mr installer") and the kindle is restarted but, at the end, I don’t have KUAL entry in my library
What did I do wrong?
thanks
valettav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:13 AM   #146
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Use packages from the snapshots thread, releases are horribly outdated and don't support current FW. I'll be clearing that up soon.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #147
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by valettav View Post
Hello!

Finally, enter, log mrpi in the Homescreen's searchbar, and wait for MRPI to do its thing "
The file start ("launching the mr installer") and the kindle is restarted but, at the end, I don’t have KUAL entry in my library
What did I do wrong?
thanks
did you type exactly
Code:
;log mrpi
into the searchbar?

The leading ";" is required.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:23 PM   #148
valettav

thank you very much, now it works partially!
I restored my kindle and installed the new files.
Now I have the KUAL document but when I open it, kindle freezes (do not open the menu and I can not go to the home page, fortunately can restart).
Is it any way to solved the problem?
Old 03-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #149
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You'll need the patched variant of KUAL, c.f., FAQ.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:19 AM   #150
valettav

Now it works!!! Tank you so much!! I'm sorry for my inexperience^^;