Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-02-2016, 08:17 AM   #1
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
splitscreen for foreign language learning?

Attempting to learn a foreign language

is there a splitscreen android app that displays two different versions of the book

(eg top = english, bottom = another language)

would likely be leveraging project gutenberg and it's public domain books, so the formatting/layout should be similar across books

eg:reading both english&french version of "The Count of Monte Cristo" at the same time

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1184...#linkC2HCH0001
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1798.../17989-h.htm#I

Last edited by paperwastage; 08-02-2016 at 08:35 AM.
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
is there a splitscreen android app that displays two different versions of the book
The only app that I know of is Aglona Reader, but it's uses its own xml-based file format. I.e., this would only be an option for you, if you're familiar with generating/editing XML files.

Shameless plug: I created bilingual (French/English) epub/mobi versions of the Three Musketeers.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote