Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
pwillener
pwillener began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Color
[Old Thread] Just installed Calibre, but...

Hello, my first post...

Environment: Windows 7 x64 (English version); Calibre 0.8.17

Calibre seemed the answer to all my problems, as I have a NOOK Color, but Barnes & Noble refuses to sell anything to anyone living outside the US.

So I downloaded the software and installed it.

The problem is: everything is in Japanese, and my Japanese is not good enough to start using it in Japanese.

Does anybody know if it is possible to change the language setting?

Thank you!
pwillener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #2
pwillener

resolved...

Well, the problem just resolved itself!

I restarted Calibre because I wanted to take a screenshot.

Interestingly the user interface is now in English...
Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwillener View Post
Well, the problem just resolved itself!

I restarted Calibre because I wanted to take a screenshot.

Interestingly the user interface is now in English...
FYI the interface language selection is under Preferences - Look and Feel.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
pwillener

Thank you

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately I just found out that Calibre is of no use to me; DRM prevents Amazon Kindle books from being converted to the NOOK format...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #5
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwillener View Post
Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately I just found out that Calibre is of no use to me; DRM prevents Amazon Kindle books from being converted to the NOOK format...
Forum rules prevent anyone giving direct instructions on how to bypass DRM, but a google for Apprentice Alf should find what you need, including a Calibre plugin.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 AM   #6
camtosh
Enthusiast
camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.camtosh writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo touch
Thanks DoctorOhh for the tip about how to change language interface. I was hoping that Calibre had a Japanese interface, as I want to buy an e-reader here in Japan this Christmas for my Japanese-reading son (he grew up in Japan, prefers reading nihongo manga) but was unsure if he would be able to use Calibre ... ii'n janai! Cho ureshii!
(I couldn't find this info in a search of the Calibre website... happy dance for mobilereads!)
camtosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by camtosh View Post
Thanks DoctorOhh for the tip about how to change language interface. I was hoping that Calibre had a Japanese interface, as I want to buy an e-reader here in Japan this Christmas for my Japanese-reading son (he grew up in Japan, prefers reading nihongo manga) but was unsure if he would be able to use Calibre ... ii'n janai! Cho ureshii!
(I couldn't find this info in a search of the Calibre website... happy dance for mobilereads!)
Preferences: Look and feel: Choose Language (3rd line), choose from pulldown on the Right (it is listed as Japanese )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gui, language