Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 04:36 PM   #76
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Past several months, Apple is always on top. A year or two ago, it was Apple one month, B&N the next. But B&N seems to have faded a lot in 2017.

In numbers, Apple is second. I have two free books, and I gather Apple doesn't do freebies.

I particularly value Apple for its (apparent) access to odd small markets like Poland and South Africa. That is true of Kobo as well, but Kobo for me doesn't sell nearly as many books. It means a lot to me to have my books available outside the Amazon universe.
Presumably you also sell them at Amazon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #77
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Past several months, Apple is always on top. A year or two ago, it was Apple one month, B&N the next. But B&N seems to have faded a lot in 2017.

In numbers, Apple is second. I have two free books, and I gather Apple doesn't do freebies.

I particularly value Apple for its (apparent) access to odd small markets like Poland and South Africa. That is true of Kobo as well, but Kobo for me doesn't sell nearly as many books. It means a lot to me to have my books available outside the Amazon universe.
Do you have your books available at Amazon? I'm surprised to see anyone reporting most sales at Apple, not Amazon.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #78
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:

NJ:

They are asking you, are you saying that Apple and B&N are OUTSELLING Amazon? That's what they are asking.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:51 AM   #79
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Do you have your books available at Amazon? I'm surprised to see anyone reporting most sales at Apple, not Amazon.
Astounded, more like. Most authors seem to sell around 90% of their books at Amazon.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:01 AM   #80
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Astounded, more like. Most authors seem to sell around 90% of their books at Amazon.
I honestly think he's saying that Apple is second--first amongst the "also rans," but hell, I could be wrong. I do have a client that outsells Amazon at Apple (of 3500+ eBooks, ~3000 clients. One.) He has a book about self-hypnosis, written based on his consulting on hypnosis for the Feebies, and for whatever reason, self-hypno seems to be big with Jobblesheads. That's all I know.

Hitch
Advert
Old 10-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #81
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I honestly think he's saying that Apple is second--first amongst the "also rans," but hell, I could be wrong
As evidenced by

Quote:
Which would imply they are available 'inside the Amazon universe' - No?

Aside : Hardly a universe if AMZN not available in South Africa and Poland, maybe it's available in Nambia

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #82
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
As evidenced by

Which would imply they are available 'inside the Amazon universe' - No?

Aside : Hardly a universe if AMZN not available in South Africa and Poland, maybe it's available in Nambia

BR
Outer Slobbovia, brother, don't forget good old Outer Slobbovia. ;-)

Hitch
Old 10-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #83
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I should have thought that was obvious, but yes:

1. Amazon.
2. Apple.
3. Barnes & Noble.
4. Kobo
5. Google
6. etc
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #84
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
I should have thought that was obvious, but yes:

1. Amazon.
2. Apple.
3. Barnes & Noble.
4. Kobo
5. Google
6. etc
Indeed, but, in fairness, you were a bit imprecise in your answers, and you did say that "[g]enerally, Apple is my largest earner,..." which, you can hardly blame them for wondering. Right? ;-)

Hitch
Old 10-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #85
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
More to the point, I see that Kobo in October so far has edged out B&N as well.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote