Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #1
nathanb
Connoisseur
nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Borders gift cards and Sony Ebookstore?

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but here goes:

Can you use Borders gift cards on the Sony Ebookstore? Or do you have to convert them in some way?

Thanks,

Nathan
nathanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
To my knowledge, the only gift cards that work on the Sony ebookstore are the gift cards that specifically say they are for the Sony store. The Borders gift cards would not work then, but you can always email Sony or Borders to be sure.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
No, you can't. You could buy Sony gift cards with your Borders gift card though.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
MacGirlie
MacGirlie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
The ones that work with the Sony Store are usually found by the Reader display. I've also found that the employees get a little cranky if you try to buy a Sony gift card with a gift card, but it can be done. It's a specialty item, even if it is a gift card.
MacGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Funny you should say that about the people working at Borders. I have found that if I ask any questions whatsoever about the Reader, ebooks, or anything-I get a dumbfounded look and then they get frustrated. So I gave up asking and just checked here on MR.
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
Funny you should say that about the people working at Borders. I have found that if I ask any questions whatsoever about the Reader, ebooks, or anything-I get a dumbfounded look and then they get frustrated. So I gave up asking and just checked here on MR.
I don't think they really got trained on them. The best is to ask if any of the staff has one.

Ask someone at Borders about good books though, you'll get some answers
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
very true...that is a plus
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
PaulJaxHD
PaulJaxHD began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Thumbs up

Actually the borders staff in Jacksonville FL was very knowledgeable and helpful. Just bought my PRS-600 from there.
PaulJaxHD is offline   Reply With Quote