Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #91
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Installed and patched 4.31.19086 on my Clara. I only read kepub.

Ran through Nickel, Bookerley, Chareink and Literata Book. All seem fine, advanced font controls are available for system and sideloaded fonts.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:25 PM   #92
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
All seem fine, advanced font controls are available for system and sideloaded fonts.
Avenir Next does not work for epub. Georgia is being put up instead.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:22 PM   #93
cpimentel
Enthusiast
cpimentel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
You can write on sideloaded kepub, have it working on my Sage and Elipse.
See the post from November 2 here: https://github.com/pgaskin/kepubify/issues/66
Hey ddavtian, thanks for replying.
I am aware we can do it via path, but my wish is to have OOB =)

Once more, thank you!
cpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:33 PM   #94
cpimentel
Enthusiast
cpimentel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Angry

Every single annotation done after the update on a sideloaded PDF just disappeared.

Hours of a Saturday studying lost.

Last edited by cpimentel; 01-22-2022 at 06:33 PM. Reason: add emoticon
cpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:03 AM   #95
Deobulakenyo
Evangelist
Deobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschucha View Post
I have a Kobo Sage. The LED indicator while charging setting is set to ON.

The indicator light does NOT stay on more than a few second. It doesn't matter if the reader is in sleep mode or powered off off. It does not matter if the reader is in a sleep cover or not.

It does not work if you power the reader down and restart it.

The LED indicator light function just does not work - at least on the Sage.
Same here, on my Libra 2.

Setting was set to indicate the light while charging but it does not happen.

I do not know why this is not working.

Just stays on for five seconds and blinks twice then poof, it's gone hahaha

A. Another observation: My Libra 2 doesn't charge now using a 1A charging brick, but charges fine using a 2A or higher brick and when connected to my PC. The charging brick in question charges my other devices including my phone without a problem.

B. And another... rebooting is always a pain in the arse. I do not know what is is with Libra 2 but the Libra h20 is a straightforward. shutdow or reboot and then it does what is supposed to do. Here, it's a hit and miss. it often hangs in the booting and then you have to restart it again.

C. on a positive note. turn pages are very fast now

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 01-23-2022 at 12:59 AM.
Deobulakenyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:51 AM   #96
choc96
choc96 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I was also having trouble rebooting the Libra 2 after upgrading to 4.31.19086. So I downgraded to the previous version and it fixed the problem.
choc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 01:00 AM   #97
Deobulakenyo
Evangelist
Deobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc96 View Post
I was also having trouble rebooting the Libra 2 after upgrading to 4.31.19086. So I downgraded to the previous version and it fixed the problem.
downgrading requires factory reset, right?
Old 01-23-2022, 01:20 AM   #98
choc96
choc96 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
downgrading requires factory reset, right?
Nah, just download firmware 4.30.18838 from the Kobo patching site and extract all the contents to the directory .kobo.

See step four of Instructions for patching firmware 4.31.19086. The patching part is optional.

I'd backup your database before doing any upgrading or downgrading btw.
choc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 01:29 AM   #99
Deobulakenyo
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc96 View Post
Nah, just download firmware 4.30.18838 from the Kobo patching site and extract all the contents to the directory .kobo.

See step four of Instructions for patching firmware 4.31.19086. The patching part is optional.

I'd backup your database before doing any upgrading or downgrading btw.
Thanks you. I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to reboot the darn device.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:10 AM   #100
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2 (2021), Aura H2O (2014), Story HD (2011)
seems to work fine for me on libra 2
frostschutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:35 AM   #101
Deobulakenyo
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
seems to work fine for me on libra 2
I don't know. Maybe nickelmenu and nanoclock are somehow affecting it.

Funny thing is the reboots are better when the device is plugged in a charger while booting.

Anyway i probably might do factory reset to start fresh and then update and do the customizations ( patches, nickelmenu, nanoclock).

What is the best way to factory reset? Factory reset via developer menu ir the power+volume button combo?

Will it reset to fw 4.29? The original fw when the device was bought?

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 01-23-2022 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:15 AM   #102
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Tolino, Nook
Noticeably more ghosting on Aura Edition 2 v1. It's the worst reader for ghosting that I own to start with. Went back to previous version.
Tuneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:59 AM   #103
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, K aura 2, K clara HD, K Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Same here: epub only + side loaded fonts ( otf, ttf ) just work fine on my Libra H20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize
Avenir Next does not work for epub. Georgia is being put up instead.
Addendum:
I tested the Avenir Next selection and Publishing Standard selection and thereafter I could not select any side-loaded font any more: that is I could select the name but the font did not show and the font remained Avenir Next / Georgia. So yes, there is some font issue.

To correct this situation, I selected the font type I wanted (but it will not show), connected/disconnected to my PC (which refreshes the e-reader) and then my selected font was back again.
It seems that avoiding Avenir Next/Georgia allows you to select any side-loaded font as usual. This seems to be the workaround until an official fix is issued.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:13 AM   #104
Deobulakenyo
Evangelist

It is really weird. I can choose avenir next and sideloaded fonts no problem and with the patch every font has the advanced options and i can adjust the weight.

But problematic on reboots on my end and fine on other members here.

I also cannot get the led light to stay while xharging on sleep even though it is turned on in the settings.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #105
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
I can choose avenir next and sideloaded fonts no problem and with the patch every font has the advanced options and i can adjust the weight.
You can choose that, but instead of Avenir Next (sans serif font), the Georgia font will be displayed.
And everything written was tested for epub books.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release