Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-16-2022, 05:07 AM   #61
Arjava
Arjava began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Found this replacement battery on 1688,may be I can finally retire the Frankenstein battery after this Tet holiday

https://detail.1688.com/offer/665494...3e3020e5gVp1hE
Arjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 05:45 AM   #62
Mistic
Mistic began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Sorry... post at wrong site.

Last edited by Mistic; 02-18-2024 at 05:48 AM.
Mistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2024, 01:38 PM   #63
Readerfun
Readerfun began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Where did you get the new charging board? Just curious if mine goes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Unfortunately the dedicated replacement battery is dead. I do not recommend buying it. Before finding that one I had already bought online the Nexus battery. It was a hassle to replace the charging board, but I managed, works perfectly!

I tested the batteries by opening youtube in the built in browser, watching an old movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9c1T-ZukQA

The dedicated replacement battery consistently died below 50% at about 30 minutes of the movie.

Attachment 188977

The Nexus battery also loose charge quickly watching the movie, but it holds well till the end.

Attachment 188978

It's really subjective, but it feels like the reader is working noticeably faster with the Nexus battery.

I've never watched movies on this tablet before so I have no idea if the 1h of playtime is a good result or not. At least the Nexus battery behaves consistently. I guess the e-ink draws much more power than a typical IPS display on a phone when it's continually updated at max refresh rate (I think it can get up to 20 fps).

Well, I'll see if I can use it again for a whole week without charging for a basic reading.
Readerfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 04:18 PM   #64
Readerfun

I used a tutorial from youtube channel called TechAirSpace to change battery to my Boox Max 2 which had a swollen battery. Works well now.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:03 PM   #65
Readerfun

Here is the link for the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMHbhJaVsGs
Advert
Old 03-15-2024, 05:05 PM   #66
Readerfun

Here is the link for the channel: https://www.youtube.com/@techairspace
Old 03-22-2024, 10:42 AM   #67
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerfun View Post
Where did you get the new charging board? Just curious if mine goes out.
I extracted the charging board from the dead battery, much like in the quoted tutorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerfun View Post
Here is the link for the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMHbhJaVsGs
I bought a replacement (but also almost dead) battery on Aliexpress, that's how I ended having 2 charging boards, one from my original dead battery and the spare one from the unfortunate purchase.

BTW, the nexus battery still works flawlessly. It's a really good replacement.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote