Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 03:57 PM   #1
jcobban
Software Architect
jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcobban ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo
Foreign language dictionary lookup

I read 9 languages with some degree of fluency so my Calibre library has books in multiple languages. At the moment I am trying to improve my fluency in German by reading Kinder und Haus-maerchen by the Grimm Brothers. But in German I need to lookup about every 10th word. The builtin dictionary support (Ctrl-L) is not helpful because it links me to the Wiktionary entry which is itself in German. So I have to copy and paste from Calibre into Google translate.

Calibre knows that English is my first language because it communicates with me in English. Is there any easy way to get a foreign to English translation within Calibre like I have on my dedicated Kobo reader?
jcobban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try putting a DE->EN online dictionary into the Viewer->Preferences->Dictionaries tab e.g.

Code:
German: https://en.pons.com/translate/german-english/{word}
I think Ctrl+L in the viewer takes its cue from the book's language, and any embedded language tags.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, german, linux debian ubuntu