Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
kawaisoonano
kawaisoonano began at the beginning.

Device: kindledx
what are the differents among those e-book file format ? (beginner here. )

as i know , kindle supports few kind of e-book file format, like mobipocket,txt and so on. so far, i just read my book in pdf or txt file. coz i hav no idea wif other format file. can anyone tell me what are the differents among those format? and the advantages and disavantages?

If I want to scan a magazine, is PDF format the more suggested file format? how about some text files? what is the different of text file in txt. and mob. or other??

sorry for my boring question, and hope that i can get to know this better.

(does anyone know how to change the pdf paper's size to fit the kindle DX display?)
kawaisoonano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, kawaisoonano

I don't have a Kindle or any experience in formatting, but the below links have information that may help in understanding your Kindle.

Links Every Kindle Owner Should Have

From the MR Wiki...
Kindle Myths and Partial Truths
Amazon Kindle DX
E-book formats
You can even explore using Calibre and Kovid, the creator, frequents the forums here. We even have a dedicated Calibre forum.

Did you know that MR has free ebooks? They have been beautifully handcrafted by some very dedicated MR members. (I believe that they are better formatted than Google books.)

For your Kindle..Mobi / prc format ebooks

download the MobiGuide and get your books via Whispernet..(up on the top left in the blue bar.. click on ebooks.. then in the drop down menu choose Mobipocket download guide)

Free ebook sites

feedbooks.com This site also has a Kindle Guide to download and you can get their books via Whispernet - there is a video on how to use the guide.
manybooks.net

Free and for purchase ebooks

smashwords.com
baen.com
Plus Baen has a great free library

Have fun exploring the forums and ask if you have any questions.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
kawaisoonano
kawaisoonano began at the beginning.

Device: kindledx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Welcome to MR, kawaisoonano

I don't have a Kindle or any experience in formatting, but the below links have information that may help in understanding your Kindle.

Links Every Kindle Owner Should Have

From the MR Wiki...
Kindle Myths and Partial Truths
Amazon Kindle DX
E-book formats
You can even explore using Calibre and Kovid, the creator, frequents the forums here. We even have a dedicated Calibre forum.

Did you know that MR has free ebooks? They have been beautifully handcrafted by some very dedicated MR members. (I believe that they are better formatted than Google books.)

For your Kindle..Mobi / prc format ebooks

download the MobiGuide and get your books via Whispernet..(up on the top left in the blue bar.. click on ebooks.. then in the drop down menu choose Mobipocket download guide)

Free ebook sites

feedbooks.com This site also has a Kindle Guide to download and you can get their books via Whispernet - there is a video on how to use the guide.
manybooks.net

Free and for purchase ebooks

smashwords.com
baen.com
Plus Baen has a great free library

Have fun exploring the forums and ask if you have any questions.
dreams,
i found out that people in this forum are very kind. they will just answer my question when i just asked. adn you too.
i will find out more to get to know my kindle with the links you gave me. and i feel that kindle is more useful than i thought.

by the way, if i still have any question, i will try to post it.
kawaisoonano is offline   Reply With Quote