Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Sony PRS-950 not connecting to internet

Just got my Sony PRS-950 from shopgoodwill and it's in beautiful condition except that it can't connect to the internet. It has the latest firmware available so I don't know what the problem is since my Sony PRS T-1 connects to the internet flawlessly.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
Just got my Sony PRS-950 from shopgoodwill and it's in beautiful condition except that it can't connect to the internet. It has the latest firmware available so I don't know what the problem is since my Sony PRS T-1 connects to the internet flawlessly.
Unfortunately, I think WiFi support ended on the PRS-950 when the Sony Store was shut down.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Unfortunately, I think WiFi support ended on the PRS-950 when the Sony Store was shut down.
Thanks, you just saved me from wasting another hour trying to get it to connect. I remember on the prs x50 series there was alternate firmware available but I'm trying to resist the temptation to mess with it further.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:04 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
Thanks, you just saved me from wasting another hour trying to get it to connect. I remember on the prs x50 series there was alternate firmware available but I'm trying to resist the temptation to mess with it further.
I didn't even think of trying PRS+ to enable the WiFi.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Considering that "the internet" today is much worse than the diskettes of "unknown origin" of 30 years ago, one would think it's a blessing that a device is not forced to connect to it
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
My PRS-950 Pass away four months ago R.I.P.
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:55 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by avresbo View Post
My PRS-950 Pass away four months ago R.I.P.
Sorry to hear that. Could it be the battery? These are fairly easy to replace. Even replacement screens commonly show up on eBay.