Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Is there an e-ink device compatible with dropbox (or similar cloud service) to sync

Right now I have a Kindle Paperwhite (old), a Samsung tablet and the OnePlus 6 smartphone. For the latter 2 (android) devices, I use Moon+ Reader to read and it syncs with my Dropbox account, so I can read a book on one device and then continue reading where I left off in the other device automatically

Unfortunately, the Kindle doesn't do this, so it's annoying to read on the Kindle and then have to search the page where I left off when I use another device. Specially considering that between devices, the page counts are different.

So I would like to know if there's an e-ink reader that can do this, using a cloud service or anything that helps to keep different devices synced.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Right now I have a Kindle Paperwhite (old), a Samsung tablet and the OnePlus 6 smartphone. For the latter 2 (android) devices, I use Moon+ Reader to read and it syncs with my Dropbox account, so I can read a book on one device and then continue reading where I left off in the other device automatically

Unfortunately, the Kindle doesn't do this, so it's annoying to read on the Kindle and then have to search the page where I left off when I use another device. Specially considering that between devices, the page counts are different.

So I would like to know if there's an e-ink reader that can do this, using a cloud service or anything that helps to keep different devices synced.
If you use the Kindle app on your phone and tablet it will keep the book synced on all three.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
If you use the Kindle app on your phone and tablet it will keep the book synced on all three.

Shari
Only ebooks I buy on Kidle store, which are 1% of my collection...
Old 08-06-2018, 01:56 AM   #4
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Pocketbook devices have it. And anything with at least Android 5 on it.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:51 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Only ebooks I buy on Kidle store, which are 1% of my collection...
If you send the books you’ve bought elsewhere to Amazon’s Cloud, you’ll get cross-device syncing.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2018, 07:19 AM   #6
Over
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Pocketbook devices have it. And anything with at least Android 5 on it.
Unfortunately, it's unavailable in my country. Even from the international site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you send the books you’ve bought elsewhere to Amazon’s Cloud, you’ll get cross-device syncing.
Thanks!
I didn't know about the send 2 kindle amazon app.
It's now working, although I have to use the Kindle app to read, instead of my favourite Moon+ Reader. It also messes a little bit the formatation, as Amazon converts everything to DOC format. But it works, and that's what's important.

Edit: And I lose the integration with the Calibre Go app to access my whole library anywhere, but oh well...

Last edited by Over; 08-06-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:02 AM   #7
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Does your tablet or mobile phone have a microSD slot? If the ereader has it too, it's possible to load books onto the microSD card via Dropbox by sticking the card to the tablet or phone for the while.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote