Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #61
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo53 View Post
How "affiliate" activates the new home screen?
I don't think the affiliate has any affect on the home screen. Kobo is randomly choosing the new home screen for people as part of their testing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #62
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
I was under the impression that the only way to go back to the old home screen was to go back to an older firmware. Is there a patch that does the same thing? One of the posts made me question this.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #63
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
I was under the impression that the only way to go back to the old home screen was to go back to an older firmware. Is there a patch that does the same thing? One of the posts made me question this.
Look in Instructions for patching firmware 4.3.8871 for
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

This firmware has an A/B test for new/old home screens. There are two patches you can try if you don't like the one you get:
* `Disable new home screen`
* `Enable new home screen`
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:11 AM   #64
pippo53
pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo ONE, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't think the affiliate has any affect on the home screen. Kobo is randomly choosing the new home screen for people as part of their testing.
Tanks. I have updated the firmware with affiliate=bol and had the old home screen
pippo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #65
Cherry Picker
Closet Reader
Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Cherry Picker is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo GloHD
fwx.x.xx45
New Thread Start

Last edited by Cherry Picker; 03-08-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Cherry Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2017, 06:46 AM   #66
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I've updated to this firmware a day or two ago, and have had no problems.

The brightness slider now works 1% by default (as it should have been), so the patch is not necessary any longer. It was the only patch I was using
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:10 AM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
New firmware 8.3.8945 release. Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=284349
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:12 AM   #68
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
They release faster than I can update. Impressive. I've had more firmware updates to the KA1 in 6 months than I've had to the KPW1 in 4,5 years.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #69
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
upgraded mine last night. Interestingly, I got back some book covers that disappeared in the previous update.
dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
New firmware 8.3.8945 release. Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=284349

Yes, I know... duplicate message. Until this thread stops being active, I might have to keep reposting.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:45 PM   #71
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, I know... duplicate message. Until this thread stops being active, I might have to keep reposting.
Hmm... don't get yourself caught in a loop.
Ooh, somebody posted, I'd better repost.
dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Until this thread stops being active, you might just have to ignore it.

If people want to keep discussion 4.3.8871, let them. If people see the new thread but continue posting here, they have a reason, so leave them alone. And of course, posting once is good. Posting again so quickly, is rude.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote