Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #76
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbcreative View Post
I'm interested in the iRex. I like everything I've read about it except for perhaps the price but who wouldn't want that which they covet to be half the asking price and then half that again.
Yep, as soon as the 2008 Corvette comes down in price to $4,000 I'm getting one!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #77
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbcreative View Post
Anyhow, I'm an artist by both trade and hobby and was wondering if the iRex could be used as a digital sketch book since it has the WACOM pen interface. If so, could you include some information about this ability in your review. Basically as an artist I'm interested in what drawing software is available (If any), the ability to export doodled/sketched images from the device and the pressure sensitivity of the pen.
Well... yes and no, based on our experiences with the iLiad. There is no software currently available that uses (or even captures) the pressure-sensitive data on the WACOM pen, but the data is generated, so it should be possible to write or port something. For the DR1000, a lot will depend on what iRex makes possible in the SDK. For the iLiad, iRex seems about to release source for all the code they wrote for it, which may open up all kinds of possibilities. In addition, the iLiad will probably be available used as the DR1000 hits the market.

The granularity of sketches on the iLiad isn't all that great, however. Hopefully that's a matter of software, rather than hardware.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #78
dcbcreative
Window shopper...
dcbcreative doesn't litterdcbcreative doesn't litter

Device: Interested in the iRex Digital Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
The granularity of sketches on the iLiad isn't all that great, however. Hopefully that's a matter of software, rather than hardware.
Thank you for the detailed explanation... ...It helped put my wants into the same perspective as my creative needs. Looks like I'll continue to be a window shopper for some time to come. Either that or I'll just suck it up and purchase a much heavier and more powerful but far less desirable yet rather pricey tablet PC or a Modbook (If they keep making them).
dcbcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #79
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Woot! I've got a tracking number. I should receive it Monday.

I'll probably do a first impressions and unboxing review, then expect a full one after a few days of usage.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #80
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Quote:
'll probably do a first impressions and unboxing review, then expect a full one after a few days of usage.
I'm looking forward to it, thanks a lot!

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:28 AM   #81
gkingz
gkingz began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks Adam

I want to know :

1,how lont DR can be used with the current battery,for more people are annoied by the battery life.

2,according the vedio in youtube,it seems that when you turn page,there is a flash.and the IREX stuff has said the distinct tech is that DR shors the time of turnning page,but how long /about it?

3,as a Chinese habitant,I want to know if it can display chinese character(or with the help of some 3nd paty tools or something)

Thanks again
gkingz is offline   Reply With Quote