Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
ric3boy33
ric3boy33 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage
LCD replacement for entourage edge 10.1

My 2 year old daughter stepped and broke my lcd screen of my EE. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screen or compatible screen? I love my Edge, and I don't want to retire it just yet.
ric3boy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Does the screen work enough to let you know the circuit board below is still working? I'd guess ebay would be the best chance unless someone knows the chinese supplier. You might pick up a unit that does not work or something.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
ric3boy33
ric3boy33 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage
Thanks for the response. The screen kinda work. I.e. time is displayed. The digitizer is broken so I can't unlock it. I guess that I'll be a vulture on ebay. If anyone knows where i can get the oem or equivalent part please let me know.
ric3boy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
@ric3boy33
@ivanjt

If you should take the EE apart, kindly take some detailed very high resolution pictures of the internals. User ivanjt is attempting to identify the various parts in the hope of locating where the parts are made and whether replacements are available.

I do vaguely remembering a couple of threads here or in the archives about screen replacements.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Thanks Gunner, you got to this before me.

The other threads about screen replacement were for the PE with one of them being a broken screen and the other a question about replacing the e-ink screen.

ric3boy33, if you do decide to take your EE apart there is nothing to be afraid of. Remove the battery, and then all the rubber triangles and the two circular rubber covers near the hinge. You can then remove the screws and, if necessary, use something like a guitar pick and work it round the join to remove the outer plastic cover (don't forget to take out the stylus).

If you can get some well focused high resolution pictures they would be most appreciated especially if they show part numbers or any other identifying marks. As Gunner says I am trying to build a replacement parts database so we can keep our units working for as long as possible.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote