Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 02:24 AM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
[iOS] Can't find an "open with" app

Well, this is embarrassing. I used CC when it first came out for Android but have since moved to the dark side - ios.

I can't open the downloaded epub in anything. Neither version (I have both) of Marvin or MapleRead appears in my "Open with" list (although, distubingly Evernote appears twice). This happens on both my ipad and my iphone.
I've checked the "three dots" (which I'm assuming is now the "hamburger" three stripes next to "Connect"), but I don't have an "Open book with..." option there at all.

Otherwise, it's so nice to be able to get books (even if I can't read them yet LOL) easily onto my ipad without all the drama usually caused by Apple changing the rules all the time (grrr).

Thanks for CC - I've missed it (even though it seems I've forgotten how it works...).

Edited: Oh, those three dots - in the "open with" Apple menu thing (not the CC thing). Doh! Sorry, but that's where I have NO reader apps (not even ibooks) listed.

Edited again (sorry). It seems editing the "Customise Formats" option has done the trick. Marvin is now listed in the open apps.

Last edited by skb; 11-30-2016 at 02:42 AM. Reason: SOLVED
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:48 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Glad you got it sorted.

Here is a bit of explanation for those that come along later. The order of "formats" (book types/extensions) in CC Settings is important. For each book being downloaded CC/calibre go down the list in order looking for a format in calibre's database. It downloads the first match it finds. For example, if the order of the list is (MOBI, EPUB, ...) and some book in the calibre database has both MOBI and EPUB formats, CC/calibre will download the MOBI one. If you change the order to (EPUB, MOBI) then CC/calibre will download the EPUB. If the list order is (MOBI, EPUB) and there isn't a MOBI but there is an EPUB, CC/calibre will download the EPUB.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert