Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
sebojolais
sebojolais began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre-server - Question about --restriction parameter

Dear all,

I need to launch only calibre-server instance on my server and I need to define one or more virtual libs.
With my understanding after a review of the source code, it seems it is impossible to define more than one virtual lib with the --restriction parameter.
Do you confirm this limitation ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Regards,
sebojolais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
I think so, technically. However, you can run as many calibre-server on as many ports as you want.

For example, my calibre-server.sh (run on startup) looks like:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo "Launch: Fanfictions (8081)"
calibre-server --port 8081 --restriction FanFiction --daemonize
sleep 5
echo "Launch: Novels (8082)"
calibre-server --port 8082 --restriction Novels --daemonize
sleep 5
echo "Launch: EPU (8083)"
calibre-server --port 8083 --restriction "EPU Redux" --daemonize
sleep 5
echo "Launch: Full (8080)"
calibre-server --port 8080 --daemonize
N.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you want to serve more than one VL per instance, define a "super VL" that includes the VLs you want. The easiest way to do this is to create a saved search per VL then reference each appropriate saved search in the "super-VL".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #4
sebojolais
sebojolais began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for your answers and your alternative!

@aleyx
With your solution, you have to reconnect with user and psw at each time I switch to another virtual lib. Is not it?
I yes, in my case it will not be very convinient.

@chaley
I will try this solution that could fit in my needs.

You help me a lot.
Cheers
sebojolais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebojolais View Post
Thank you for your answers and your alternative!

@aleyx
With your solution, you have to reconnect with user and psw at each time I switch to another virtual lib. Is not it?
I yes, in my case it will not be very convinient.
It's optional, but yes, if you want to secure your libraries you'll have to define a user/password for each instance (but you can put the same pair for everything). And when you connect you'll have to enter that pair, but your browser may be able to memorize it.

Also, if you have to switch from one to the other, you can just keep them open in separate tabs or separate windows.

If your libraries must be secured, entering credentials is a small inconvenience. If they don't need to be secured, you can just not secure them.

There's no kids at home, and I don't allow access from the Internet at large, so I don't bother with authentication.

N.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:00 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Alternatively, you can proxy calibre-server through apache or other choice of web servers, and tune the password protection through the more fully-fledged webserver.

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/serv...-reverse-proxy
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server, content server, virtual library