Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 05-17-2006, 04:04 AM   #1
Slurp
Slurp began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Question Date in URL

Have been using SunriseXP for a couple of weeks now and have managed to make a couple of simple tweaks, following instructions posted in these threads. My problem now is I'd like to grab a feature that changes each day, but the URL does as well -- to include the date.

Specifically, it's Wikipedia's featured article of the day. The URL is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...May_17%2C_2006

Is it possible to write/rewrite/script things is some way such that the URL scanned by Sunrise contains the date portion?
Old 05-17-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Not possible.
Advert
Old 05-17-2006, 04:50 AM   #3
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Why Laurens! You're getting nice in your old age. 'Not possible.' instead of 'no' without punctuation.

Remember, I am glad you're doing all the support and not me.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:09 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Actually, messages must be at least 5 characters long. So that's why.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:14 AM   #5
Jaapjan
Avid reader
Jaapjan doesn't litterJaapjan doesn't litter

Device: HTC Touch Diamond, iLiad Book Edition
Honestly. My sincere apologies Laurens. I never seem to have encountered such a situation.
Advert
Old 05-17-2006, 05:51 AM   #6
Slurp

Thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 12:43 PM   #7
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Slurp, I figured out how you can get it! I have a couple of "of the day" type documents that have varying URLs that I like to view, just as in this case. The trick is to find a feed or other source with a consistent name that links to the daily content with a varying URL. I googled for the "today's featured article" page, and found someone who has a Wikipedia account and created a customized page that suits our purposes perfectly. Thanks go out to "Netjeff" in Seattle.

In Sunrise, set a new document to point to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Netjeff/TOFA

Give it a link depth of 1, since the full article of the day will be available on the "more" link... You also might want to experiment with filters, since this page does link to other things (in the left column, as do all wikipedia pages). That will help make the file sizes smaller.

BTW, the page where I found this link is:

http://www.netjeff.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=273. I'm going to send him a message thanking him.

Enjoy!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:28 AM   #8
Slurp

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie68
Slurp, I figured out how you can get it! I have a couple of "of the day" type documents that have varying URLs that I like to view, just as in this case. The trick is to find a feed or other source with a consistent name that links to the daily content with a varying URL. I googled for the "today's featured article" page, and found someone who has a Wikipedia account and created a customized page that suits our purposes perfectly. Thanks go out to "Netjeff" in Seattle.

In Sunrise, set a new document to point to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Netjeff/TOFA

Give it a link depth of 1, since the full article of the day will be available on the "more" link... You also might want to experiment with filters, since this page does link to other things (in the left column, as do all wikipedia pages). That will help make the file sizes smaller.
Thanks, doogie. Nice find.