Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 04-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Wink Sunrise XP beta 9 released, new web browser extensions

Always happy to announce a new release.

This beta adds a web browser "clipping" functionality similar to the earlier "Send to Sunrise" for the Java version. Right-click on a web page and select "Clip with Sunrise XP" from the popup menu to convert it to a Plucker document. Both Firefox (1.5 or later) and Internet Explorer are supported.

Unlike the browser extensions for the Java version, you don't need to have the application running in the background for them to work. The new extensions simply invoke Sunrise XP directly.

Installation is also much simpler: the Sunrise XP installer registers the extensions automatically. No need to go to a separate installation page. (A source of confusion for new users.)

Download page
Old 04-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
I was just thinking about the "Send to Sunrise" feature! That's fantastic, I can't wait to try it out.
Advert
Old 04-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #3
rqk
rqk began at the beginning.

Device: Palm E2
Do you need to uninstall the old version? I did an install on top of the old but the help/about window still says v2.0 beta 8
Old 04-12-2006, 02:33 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqk
Do you need to uninstall the old version? I did an install on top of the old but the help/about window still says v2.0 beta 8
I forgot to update the version resource. This is, in fact, beta 9.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:33 AM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Smile Beta 9a

Slight enhancement: beta 9a lets you clip only the selected part of a page. Handy for getting rid of unnecessary navigation, advertising, etc.
Advert
Old 04-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
wwang
Connoisseur
wwang began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX SmartQ 7
Clip with Sunrise XP

I think I like this feature! I am just not sure how I should be using it I think.

I tried to clip a site, IE send to sunrise. I see it working. When it is done, I sync and don't see the item show up in the SXL and the the file did not end up on the Palm. So my question is, where did it go? Do I need to do anything special after that to get it to the Palm, or why did it not show up? I add it to the SXL manually and it shows up just fine.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Look at the destination setting on the Output tab.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:47 PM   #8
Laurens
Jah Blessed

Talking Beta 9f

*bump*

Just fixed a nasty little bug that crashes the application when processing an empty file or HTTP response. This occurs quite often, so I recommend everyone to upgrade.