Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
joeycan
joeycan began at the beginning.

Device: T3
Form Loggin

Hi I am having problems with Form Login it will only log in to the first layer of the page but seems to need to login again when it goes to retrieve articles.

In my case the website lists the articles with links to read the entire story, after I login. However, when sunrise retrieves these stories and I go to read them on my palm, I only get the first page if I click on read more I get the password screen.

What do I need to do to get it to log in again for each story I retrieve. I am using lates version plucker 1.8 and Firefox 1.0.

Regards,

Joey
Old 01-27-2005, 02:46 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Form Logins may not work for every site. For instance, it won't work if the site uses JavaScript. (You can verify this by disabling JavaScript in the browser and checking whether the site still works.)

The quickest way to resolve this is to log in through Firefox and point Sunrise to Firefox's cookies.txt file.
Advert
Old 01-27-2005, 01:06 PM   #3
joeycan

Thanks for the help, the page does not use javascript, but uses css style sheets, if that helps.

How do I point Sunrise to the cookie file?

Cheers

Joey
Old 01-27-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
You have to fill in the path to the "cookies.txt" file in Preferences. cookies.txt is stored in the Firefox user profile directory. The actual location of this directory varies across configurations.

On my system the Firefox profiles are stored here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Laurens\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

It's probably easiest to let Windows search for "cookies.txt".
Old 01-27-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
joeycan

Thanks I did it but still no luck, I have Firefox open on the main page logged in and sunrise set to go down 2 links still no luck. Anything else I should try?
Advert
Old 03-01-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
opinari
opinari began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T|T
I'm having the same problem as joeycan. See my post here.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #7
YukiJesse
YukiJesse began at the beginning.

Device: Zire 72
Similar issues with form login to mail clients

To Laurens and/or anyone on the forums,
I can't get the form logins feature to login to Yahoo! Mobile to store my email on my PDA.
Maybe I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to do, but despite adding the Yahoo! Mobile login page (http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail which redirects to http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/raw?dp=mail )to Sunrise, and then adding the same URL to the "form login" option in Sunrise and using the wizard, when I update that page I still see only the login page asking for username and password.
I've searched the forums, and I don't really see an explanation as to exactly how the login form interacts with the individual pages created, does it automatically check to see if the page you're rendering has a URL that's listed in the "Form Logins" section, or do I have to link the specific login form I've created with the document that Sunrise has created?
Maybe if I understand how it works exactly I will have a better idea as to how to make it work. BTW I've also tried having another "User Agent" like IE6 and/or Firefox, but that doesn't seem to work either, and in any case isn't the form logins feature supposed to replace using the User Agent?